Chapter 20

It took Hiccup quite a few minutes to look up from the dead dragon. He saw that Toothless was sniffing Snaps wounds and pulling out as many spikes as he could.
It causes little blood but much pain from what Hiccup could tell. Every time Toothless pulled one out Snapstorm roared in pain. Toothless made a pile of the spikes off to the side.
Hiccup got up and brushed the sand clinging to the blood on his knee. He walked over to the ocean and rinsed it off. It left no stain.
Hiccup walked over to Snap and pulled out his canteen of fresh water. He poured some over the fresh wounds on Snaps wings and the older ones on his neck and body.
As Hiccup inspected the damage he turned to Toothless. "We're stuck here..he can't fly. We also can't leave without Percy. There's something special about him. I KNOW it."
Toothless bobbed his head.
Hiccup leaned on it. "Go get first aid supplies from the smaller islands, the closer ones. Bring them here, as well as some food, then go back to the main island and get a large boat." He instructed.
In a flash of black, Toothless was gone and soaring through the night sky and over the rolling blue sea.
Hiccup made the mistake of glancing back at the Deadly nadders lifeless body. Guilt crashed over him like high tide waves against Berk.
An idea formed in the back of his mind. He got straight to work.

----------------------------------------------

Percy opened his eyes. He was at the sea floor. It wasn't that deep. If he tried hard enough, the sun rays were ever so slight above him.
    He stared above him, watching the shoals of fish swim past. Sighing, he sat up. He stretched his sore muscles. His clothes were still wet. He concentrated and they turned dry.
    Percy had been laying there for many hours, almost a day. He caught up on his much needed rest after that fight and his sleepless nights when he had been home-sick.
    He went to check his phone for what time it was but then he remembered. "My phone didn't come with me." He growled under his breath to nobody in particular.
    He propelled himself upward. Percy's thoughts were much clearer than the days before.
    Percy took his time to resurface. He was thinking about how long he had been gone, what would happen, where he had been.
    The water rushed all around him like soft hot tub jets. He stopped kicking and let his own powers do the work.
    Quite soon he came up next to an island of ice. He was greeted by Snap, who dunked him right down under again.