Chapter 7

The hatchery was in a cave where a waterfall flowed down on both sides of it and flowed down into the ocean. It was warm inside, like a cackling fireplace during a cold winter day.
    Turns out it was so warm because there was a few pools of lava here and there. "To help the dragons hatch." Hiccup had explained.
    "Take your pick but be careful. Most people only get one dragon, so choose wisely." Hiccup walked around leaning on Toothless.
    Percy wandered touching some eggs here and there. They each had names and were in some sort of category.
    Such as this thing called the Gronkle was put into something called Boulder Class and a thing called a Skrill was put into a Strike Class. The Skrill eggs were sparking with energy. Literally sparking. Best not touch those... decided Percy.
Percy saw an egg in an empty nest. It seemed all alone. Like it wasn't supposed to be there, yet it is supposed to be here. Curiosity overtook him and he reached out to it. He felt some sort of connection with it. He sensed it was using some sort of charmspeak on him but he no longer minded. It was perfect for him. It needed Percy, and Percy needed it.
The son of Poseidon carried it over to Hiccup. "I want this one." He sounded like a small child in a store. But it was true, he really wanted it
Hiccup sighed. "How could I have ever guessed..." he muttered under his breath. He wasn't mad or disappointed with Percy but it seemed more directed towards the egg. The beautiful sea green egg, with gray dots here and there.
The Viking chief led Percy to one of the lava pools. "Okay so set it in the pedestal, and put your hand on it." Percy did as he was told. The egg tingled under his fingers. He felt a crack under his palm. He hears a small and muffled POP!
When he looked down, there was a baby dragon about as big as the egg had been. It was a dappled grey and had legs only slightly shorter than other baby dragons legs. It had a thick tail like an alligators and a white underbelly. The grey spots ended as it turned to white leaving an uneven pattern. What made the creature beautiful was its frills and eyes. It had a long frill going from its neck to the base of its tail. They were colored almost like Percy's eyes but more turquoise. It had the same type thing at the base of its tail. At first glance one could tell it was to propel it through water. It had a white and jaw and a sharp snout like a stereotypical dragon.
Percy stared at it in awe. He picked it up and set it in his shoulders and turned to Hiccup. "What next?"

Would ya look at that, updating at 2:05 in the morning. Not too bad considering I went to sleep past 5 the other night. For mah "fans", I'll stay up a bit later and write some more.