Chapter 4

Hiccup sat down. Percy shuffled into the seat next to Astrid.
"The gods wouldn't send somebody as strange as..this..just come into our village." Hiccup started
Percy rejected that comment. "I'm not the weird one, you guys have freaking dragons."
The others ignored him. They were squabbling. Bits of some conversation could be heard.
"What do we do?"
"Where did he come from?"
"Why is he here?"
"Enough!" Hiccup called, and the chatter died down. "He's here for a reason, an important reason, and we will treat him like so. He will get settled, and then we'll see what he's here for. Any questions?" He asked, honestly expecting answers.
"Shouldn't we all go?" Asked Astrid, who stood up from her chair and set her axe on the table, giving Hiccup a challenging glare.
"Uh sure." Said Hiccup. Good. Thought Percy. I'm not the only one who finds her intimidating.

   The others led Percy down to where
the island met the sea. A waterfall flowed down and created a freshwater pool right next to it. Hiccup looked at Percy and handed him a fishing rod.
    Percy just held it. Hiccup looked at him. "Well? Fish."
    Percy looked confused. "I don't need this." Hiccup gave him a questioning glance. "Watch this." Percy raised his hand and the sea raised up with it, creating a rough pillar of water.
    The group looked amazed. Valka spoke up. "Proof he's here for  something important..but what?"
    Tuffnut looked at him. "Dude..how did you do that?"
    Percy shrugged like it was nothing. "My dad is Poseidon, the God of the sea."
    "Poseidon?" Asked Fishlegs. "Who's that?"
    Percy put his hand on his head. "Not another group of mythology..." I swear to gods.. "So what are you guys gonna do with me?"
    It was Hiccup that answered. "We'll get you settled and monitor your progress. Sound good?"
   "I really have no choice, do I?"
   "Not really. Now let's go."