Chapter 13

Percy couldn't imagine what it felt like losing his dragon. It almost seemed like he would be loosing Annabeth. The bonds with the dragons were almost that strong.
    Percy did his best to cheer up Turin but to no prevail. The boat ride home seemed slow and tedious, like they were sailing on molasses. For Percy it was comforting, the salty scent of the sea and the ocean spray slashing in his face every so often. He tried to relax but his thoughts only kept winding themselves back to Turin.
    He would never get to feel the gentle cradling of the ocean with his best friend again. On Storms side it must have been bad too.
    Percy tried I sympathize with the dragon but struggled. He decided that Storm would never get to enjoy his new name.
    There was an ever so slight jolt and a small dulled thud. The boat had docked. Percy gently shook Turins shoulder. "Time to go home.." his voice was like honey, he was doing his best to be persuasive. 
     Percy held out his hand for Turin I stand up with. Turin grabbed it and walked off the ship. During the entire small trek up the hill to the hut, Turin watched his dragging feet.
Devyn was doing dishes as the two arrived. Snap was nowhere to be seen, he had wandered off sometime during the walk.
"Hello there dears," she said calmly. Obviously she had not yet noticed her sons face or the lack of his best companion.
She looked up. "Where's Shrimp?"
"His name is Storm. And he uh.." Percy had at first started because he only wanted to help. He risked a quick glance and Turin who simply nodded.
"Lets best take this inside then."
The three sat down at the dining room table. Percy launched into the story of what had happened. How they and the dragons decided to go for a glide and they got attacked. He left out no detail other than Storms bloodied body, for fear it might trigger Turin further.
Devyn seemed at a loss for words. "I-uh.."
"I'll get going and leave you alone." Percy stood up and pushed in the chair after him. Without another word he whisked himself out of the cabin and walked to his own.
Snap was already there hanging around in his stable like room, lounging on his bed of hay. Percy lay down in the bed and stares up at the ceiling.
"You'd never leave me, would you?" He partially asked Snap. Snap came into the main living quarters and nuzzled the side of Percy's face.
"I'll take that as a yes." He commented. He followed his dragon to the stable and lay down in the crook of his belly.
Snapstorm did not give any response other than closing his eyes contentedly Percy closed his eyes as well and let the cold dark grasp of sleep pull him away from his fears and reality.