Makeover

A/N: Honestly, I had a completely different direction in mind for this prompt but decided that I couldn't justifiably go that route without diverging from the intent the original anon had for it.

Prompt: An imagine with dick where fem reader is nerdy looking and has big glasses and had a relationship w/ Dick but he broke up w/ her and reader thinks he broke up with her bc of her looks so she gets a makeover to show him what's he's missing and Dick just gets really angry whenever guys look at her now bc she's all confident and hot and he tries to win her back?? (requested by anon)

"I can't be with you anymore, [Y/N]." Those words would haunt you for years to come. Suddenly it would seem, the love of your life rejected you and cast you aside without explanation. For months after he left you wondered if something was wrong with you that made him want to leave.

You had always been self conscious about your looks, or rather lack thereof. It certainly didn't help that you've met a few of Dick's exes and they were all drop dead gorgeous bombshells. What really shot your self esteem is when you ran into Dick and Kory out together. Dick tried to stop you to explain before you ran away. It didn't matter. His message was clear enough.

You weren't worthy enough.

After realizing this, your sorrow was replaced by a deep burning anger for retribution. You decided once and for all that you were going to stop feeling sorry for yourself and transform yourself to the person you wanted to be.

And you did.

You didn't make these changes to prove anything to Dick or any other man in your life you just wanted, for once in your life, to be able to say you love every part of yourself.

With your determination you achieved most of your goals. In your pursuit you found a greater love for yourself and promised yourself that you wouldn't ever let your insecurities control your relationships ever again.

"Hey beautiful did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" A stranger flirted sliding into the seat next you.

"Does that line usually work?" You asked with a skeptical arched eyebrow. While the line was beyond cheesy you couldn't help but to admit that this man was handsome.

"Nope. Not once, but hey you're talking to me at least." He pointed out with a good humored smile.

"Not for long unless you come up with a better line than that, Cowboy." You winked at him before taking a long sip of your drink.

"Is this person bothering you [Y/N]?" An all too familiar voice asked behind you. A thousand years could pass and you would still be able to pick his voice out from a crowd. You slow turned around hoping to God that his would just disappear.

"What are you doing here, Dick?" You asked.

"Do you two know each other?" The guy who was flirting with you asked, looking carefully between you and Dick.

"No." You answered.

"Yes." Dick replied at the same time as you.

"Right ... Well [Y/N] if you ever want to go out sometime, here's my number." He said writing his number down on a napkin. "See you later beautiful." He winked before walked away. You shoved the phone number into your pocket before turning and glaring at Dick.

"What the hell is your problem?" You snarled.

"That douche looked like he was bothering you. I thought I'd help you out." He said defensively.

"The only douche I see here is you! And just for the record I didn't need your help. We were flirting." You argued.

"I'm sorry [Y/N]. I didn't know you were interested in that type of jerk." He retorted.

"Well I was interested in you wasn't I?" You shot back. "Let's cut to the chase what do you want Dick?"

"I just came to talk. I have regrets about the way we ended things."

"What's there to regret? You didn't want me anymore so you left." You shrugged casually.

"That's what you think happened? You couldn't be more wrong, [Y/N]." He corrected.

"Then tell me, oh wise one, why the fuck did you leave me? Huh? What could you possibly say that would make anything right?" You asked, your voice raising accusingly.

"I was trying to protect you, [Y/N]! I didn't want you to be stuck in this life with me. You deserve better than to constantly have your life put at risk because of me

"Oh that's rich Dick. Relationships are a partnership! Why didn't I have a say in any of this?" You cried angrily. "You know what I'm leaving. I really don't have the energy to deal with this today." You said standing up and throwing on your coat. You turned to make your way out of the bar but Dick stopped you with a gentle hand on your arm.

"[Y/N], I've loved you for years. I still do!" He confessed, his eyes speaking the warm truth of his words. "I'm not asking you to take me back. I just can't stand the thought of you hating me because you think I stopped loving you. I haven't stopped. I never did."

"I never stopped either." You confessed in a whisper more to yourself than him. Dick smiled faintly and pulled you into his warm tight embrace, a feeling you had to admit you sorely missed.

"You look beautiful by the way. I like the new you but I've always thought you were magnificent, just so we're clear on that point." Dick whispered in your ear. Your eyes widened at his admission and you started to tear up. Hearing him call you beautiful didn't right all the wrongs he caused you but the insecure little girl still buried deep inside you swelled with pride. "Tell me honestly [Y/N], is there any hope for us to repair what we had?"

"Start with coffee?" You offered hesitantly.

"Coffee sounds good." Dick agreed with a relieved smile.