18 - Dick Grayson x Reader

Prompt: can you do a oneshot based on the song 18 by one direction with Dick Grayson or Jason Todd (whoever you prefer) thanks in advance😊 (requested by anon)

You've known Dick practically all of your young adult life. You met while he was still running around in green underwear as Robin with the Teen Titans. You weren't ever a member of the Teen Titans (although you were offered a position many times) but you did help them out with their tech and gadgets on a frequent basis. Every time the Titans needed your help Robin would call you up and you would drop whatever you were doing to join them.

After sometime of this routine you had to admit you developed a bit of a crush on Robin. Sometimes you'd like to think he liked in that way too but his interests always seemed to lay elsewhere when it came to romance. That didn't stop you from befriending the boy wonder, though. You became good acquaintances with Dick and he would call you up for assistance or just to catch up every so often, even after the original Titans split.

You are pulled out of your thoughts when you feel your phone buzzing in your pocket. You smile reflexively at the screen when you saw the caller ID display Dick's name.

"What's the sitch?" You answered the phone excitedly.

"What just came out of your mouth? Was that even English?" He asked with incredulous confusion.

"Oh my god. Have you never seen - what kind of childhood did you have Richard? You know what, nevermind. Whatcha need?" You asked, sadly shaking your head. You always had to remind yourself that he didn't have even remotely the same childhood as you did.

"We need to talk." He said with uncharacteristic seriousness for him. You frowned slightly wondering what could possibly be the matter.

"Sounds serious. Something wrong, Dick?" You asked, already getting ready to leave for his place.

"Nothing serious. There's just something I've been meaning to tell you for a while now. I need to get this thing off my chest." Dick said with a hint of worry in his voice.

"Well it sounds pretty serious. You know, we're talking now. You could just say whatever you have to say now." You prompted.

"It's more of an in person kind of conversation." He insisted.

"I'm on my way." You said grabbing your coat and keys off of the counter. You locked your door behind you and made your way over to Dick's apartment. When you got there you let yourself in, calling out to Dick to announce your arrival.

"Living room!" He called back. When you entered the room you briefly noticed Dick hunched over with his head in his hands. When he noticed your presence he sat up and gave you a brilliant performer's smile.

"Is everything alright? You didn't exactly sound ok on the phone." You asked sitting down beside him on the couch and placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. He looked over to you and smiled slightly as he covered your hand with his own.

"[Y/N], there's something I really need to get off my chest but it might change our relationship forever. But decided I want to take that chance with you." He said.

"So what's this big confession?" You asked almost jokingly, not know why on Earth he asked you to come over.

"I'm in love with you." He blurted bluntly, his eyes wide while he awaited your response. You sat there in shock, blinking as you tried to wrap your head around what he had just said. You were convinced you must have misheard him.

"You're - wait, what?" You asked shaking your head.

"I've been in love with you since we were 18. I was with the Titans and you were still helping out with them. I used to always jump at the chance to call you in. I was obsessed with you and wanted you to be around all the time. I loved being with you and I loved us. I understand if you don't feel the same but I needed to tell -" You interrupted him by throwing your arms around him and crashing your lips to his. You accidently knocked him backwards onto the couch and fell on top of him as the two of you passionately kissed. His hands trailed up to press against your cheeks as he deepened the kiss where he lay underneath you. This moment felt so right on so many levels and the way he wrapped his arms around you made it feel like his arms were made to hold you.

"I love you too, you giant idiot." You grinned. His entire face brightened at you confession and he started peppering small kiss all over your face.

"Thank God! Otherwise this might be really awkward." He said intertwining your fingers and leaning in to press a soft gentle kiss to your lips. You ran your free hand through his hair and along his jaw to anchor your lips to his and get a better angle.

The two of you were certainly far away from your playground days with the Teen Titans where you both silently fell for each other but better late than never, right?