#22. Proposals - Nightwing x Reader

It's day 22 of the 30 day challenge! Today is a bit of a continuation of  day 15's prompt. For the full list of the prompts I will be doing for this writing challenge and the ones I have already completed, go Enjoy!

'Come meet me where we first met?' Your phone pinged with a new text message from Dick. You smiled knowing exactly where he wanted to meet you.

'Sure. Just let me change into something more comfortable. ;)' You responded with a smirk. You hopped up from the couch and went to the hidden panel in you room to access what you needed for tonight. The panel slid open smoothly to reveal the mannequin holding your uniform.

"Hello Flamebird, old girl. How about one last adventure for old time's sake?" You say gently running your fingers along the fabric of the suit. It had been so long since you were out on the streets in this uniform. A part of you really missed it.

You pulled the suit off of the mannequin and changed into it. You placed your mask over your eyes catching your reflection in the mirror. You admired you form in the mirror. You had forgotten how amazing this suit made you feel.

'What have you got up your sleeve, Dick?' You wondered grabbing a spare grappling hook on your way out the window. You expertly danced across the rooftops while you made your way towards the the bridge where you first met Dick. He was there waiting for you at the top of the pillar on the Gotham side.

He didn't hear you approach so you decided to use that to your advantage. You snuck up behind him and covered his eyes with your hands, leaning in to whisper intimately in his eyes.

"Hello darling. Did you come up here for the fresh air or the view?" You purred in his ear. He turned around to face you his eyes taking you in completely. He let out a low whistle and his eyes darkened with lust at your appearance.

"Definitely the view." He said, his eyes devouring your body. You reached your arms up to wrap around his neck and led him down for a kiss. He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you upwards towards him effectively deepening the kiss.

"I believe you wanted to to talk about something, Nightwing." You reminded him when the two of you pulled away for air.

"Right." He breathed out. "It's not my fault you're so distracting Flamebird." He teased placing another quick kiss on your lips. Well it was intended to be quick anyway ...

"Dick." You laughed as he started to trail quick kisses down your neck and collarbone. "What's with you tonight? You're awfully affectionate. Not that I'm complaining ..." You say with a giggle.

"Am I not allowed to worship my goddess of a girlfriend?" He asks with a broad grin. You shook your head with a small smile.

"Seriously Dick, why are we out here when we could be back home in bed?" You say with a suggestive wag of your eyebrow. He looked tempted by your offer but ultimately changed the subject.

"Hey what do you say we race to the Clock Tower like we used to? I need a rematch from the last time you beat me." He laughed looking fondly over to the finish line just visible across the city.

"Beat you? I destroyed you, Grayson! I don't know why you think this time will be any different." You teased playfully with a wink.

"Do I hear a challenge, [Y/N]?" He smirked moving to the edge of the bridge motioning to the cityscape below as an invitation.

"You're on." You challenged taking your place by his side.

"Alright on three." He said going into a preparatory stance. "Ok. One -" Before finishing the countdown he leaped off the building in the typical Flying Grayson style.

"Cheater!" You called down with a laugh as you leapt off the bridge yourself.

You and Dick ran and jumped across rooftops laughing at the thrill of it. He taunted you as he leapt across the rooftops, showing off with his over the top acrobatics. You were neck and neck with your boyfriend and you weren't about to let him win. You loved him but you had a title to defend. In the end you emerged at the top of the Gotham Clock Tower once again victorious. You laughed and celebrated your victory as you heard Dick climb up to the roof of the building just behind you.

"Took you long enough." You say teasingly turning around to face Dick. When you turned around you saw him drop to one knee. He reached over and opened a compartment in one of his bracers and pulled out a small box. He extended the box out towards you and opened it to reveal a diamond ring.

"Holy shit." You whisper you hand flying to your mouth to cover your surprised grin.

"I love you more than anything else in this world. When we first met, I thought to we were the perfect partners on the streets. You still are, but me being the insanely lucky guy that I am somehow convinced you to be my partner in the sheets as well. You are perfect in every way possible and I must be the luckiest guy alive because somehow you love me too. [Y/N], Flamebird, you are the best partner a man could ask for. Will you do me the honor of becoming my partner once again? [Y/N], Will you marry me?" He asked. Happy tears sprang to your eyes and you leapt into his arms.

"Yes of course! Nothing would make me happier, Dick!" You say pulling him into a kiss with such force that you accidently knocked him backwards onto the roof. You hovered over top of him as the two of you kissed passionately celebrating your engagement. Both of you were grinning like damned fools and you had no intention of stopping.

"Solo acts are nice and all but nothing beats our duet." He whispered taking the ring from the box and sliding onto your finger. He intertwined your fingers with his and with his free hand tilted your chin to meet his lips in a firm passionate kiss.

You couldn't wait to spend the rest of your life with your best partner and friend.