Haunting

Prompt: Can I request one for Halloween where the reader a exorcist going after a murderous ghost in Gotham and meets Nightwing, who is also on the case. They fall in love, but as the case goes on they find out that there is a second ghost, one that was killed by the first one. Dick is not telling the reader something and always disapears in thin air when someone else shows up, so the reader starts to suspect he is the second ghost. Only in the end it turns out, it's actually the reader?

A/N: Kind of changed the prompt a bit. Sorry in advance ...

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" You asked sneaking up behind the mysterious figure and pressing your blade against his neck. He was dressed in a black skin tight suit and had a mask that concealed his eyes from you. Emblazoned on his chest was a familiar bright blue avian figure. Despite having a knife held against his throat he started to chuckle.

"Well, hello to you too." Nightwing laughed.

"I won't ask again. What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" You asked slowly.

"Doing exactly what you are doing, Ms. [Y/L/N]." He said. You were thrown back in surprise that this stranger knew your name. "You and I, we're on the same side. I want the murders to be solved and you want to exorcise the ghost doing the murders. Now, if you would be so kind as to take your knife off my neck." He said calmly. You reluctantly lifted you blade from his skin and pushed him away from you.

"You know, it's not often pretty ladies hold knives to my neck." He said with a charming smirk.

"That's surprising." You said sarcastically, resting your hand on your hip. "So where's the body?" You asked looking around the alley, seeing the bloodstains on the ground but not the body.

"GCPD took it to the morgue before I could get here." Nightwing sighed before turning back to your with a bright grim. "What do you say we move our date to a nice romantic morgue?" He asked cheekily.

"Fine. But let me be perfectly clear: This is. Not. A. Date." You said stubbornly. You emphasized your words with hash pokes to his stupid blue chest.

"Sure it's not." He agreed with a casual shrug. You got the impression that he didn't take your warning seriously.

"It's not!" You insisted.

That night turned into being your first date with Dick.

You and Dick worked on following the leads you uncovered together about the murderous ghost. With his detective skills and your knowledge of the supernatural the two of you made a perfect team to solve this particular string of murders. If you happened to fall in love along the way, it was completely unplanned.

You didn't expect to fall in love with that obnoxious, charming, beautiful, dork, but it happened. Who knew solving the case of a ghostly serial killer was so romantic?

"Dick, honey? Did you pick the ectoplasm test results from Star Labs like I asked?" You asked when you got home from a long day of civilian work. You wrapped your arms around his waist and rested you head between his shoulder blades. He glanced over his shoulder at you and smiled warmly.

"[Y/N], babe. You know the rule. No talking about work inside our home." He reminded you. You let out a frustrated sigh.

"I know but ... We're so close to finishing this thing! I can just feel it Dick!" You whispered eagerly. A part of you was eager to get back out on the streets and close this case that had been plaguing you for far too long. Noticing your brow crinkled in worry, Dick turned around and smoothed the wrinkled in your eyebrows down with his thumb. "Hey, don't worry about it. We'll solve it, alright. Look at me [Y/N]." He whispered softly tilting your head up to meet his warm gaze. "This ghost won't be terrorizing Gotham for much longer, trust me."