Heartbreaker

Prompt: Hiya, im adore of your fanfic,if youre open the ask box can i request for Dick Grayson? the plot is Shes been in denial for a long time about her feeling for Dick, but knowing him having so many beautiful lady friends, shes pretending to not into him, but when The Wayne manor having a masquerade party, she was getting lost in the moment of catching some pokemon in one of the room to find out Dick making out with Barbara, after that is up to u^^ thank you, hope my plot not confusing u^^ (requested by@kyungshouto)

"So when are you going to ask him out?" Jason asked out of nowhere. You were staring off beyond his shoulder watching as Dick mingled with other masked guests at the Wayne Foundation's yearly masquerade ball. He looked so handsome and dashing in his tux. You only wished you could be the one on his arm tonight.

"Huh?" You asked coming back to reality. Jason sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Dick. When are you going to ask Dick out so the rest of us don't have to deal with your sexual tension anymore?" He asked. Your eyes widened at his bluntness and you rushed to cover his mouth with your hands.

"Keep your voice down will you?" You hissed out harshly in a whisper.

"Why? Everyone already knows you have a crush on him." Jason shrugged casually. You threw your head back and let out a low groan.

"Is it that obvious?" You asked.

"Oh yeah." Jason said.

"Does he know?" You questioned hesitantly.

"Nope. He's as blind as a bat when it comes to you. It's a wonder how he gets so far with women." Jason shook his head sadly. You let out a sad sigh and Jason rested his hand comfortingly on your shoulder. "I think you should tell him. You've had this bottled up for years and it's not doing you any good. Tell him or move on. Either way you can't stay hung up on him for forever." Jason advised.

"You're right." You sighed looking wistfully towards the man you had silently grown to love over the years. He made eye contact with you and waved at you with a friendly smile gracing his lips. You waved back and turned your attention back to Jason.

"I know I'm right." He agreed confidently.

"All right. I'll do it. I'll tell him." You said trying to sound confident but failing. You turned confidently to start striding in his direction only to finding that Dick was laughing and chatting with a woman that looked like a fucking supermodel. Immediately your confidence was struck down and you turned back around towards Jason. "I'll do it later." You promised. Jason rolled his eyes at you and gave you a judgmental look but otherwise didn't respond.

"Shut up." You bit harshly at his silent judgment. He held his hand up in defeat with a proud smirk.

"I didn't say anything." He innocently shrugged and took a sip of his drink.

As the night progressed you looked for any opening that you could find to pull Dick away but he was a popular man and everyone seemed to command his attention. A few men came up to you and asked to dance with you but never the one person you desired to ask.

A couple of hours into the ball you decided to kill some time while you waited for the party to die down and free up Dick's attention so you pulled out your phone and started to play some Pokemon Go. It would seem the manor was a great place to catch Pokemon so you walked the grounds and halls building your Pokedex. That eventually led you into a room situated just outside of the main ballroom.

Your heart wasn't prepared for what you were about to see. In your process of exploring the manor you stumbled across Dick and Barbara having an intimate moment together. Your feet were cemented to the ground as you watched Dick lean in and press his lips against hers and your world crumbled around you and your heart shattered. You had really thought that he had cared for you but you guess you were wrong about that too. You let out an audible gasp as tears started to pour down your face. It felt like your heart was being ripped in two.

They both looked over at you with shock written all over their faces only to see you run out of the room with tears streaming down your face. You avoided the party and instead ran out towards the garden. You really needed to be alone right now and on a cold night like tonight no one would bother you outside. You sat down on a frigid stone bench in a secluded corner of the garden and sobbed into your hands. You are such a fool for ever thinking he'd want to be with you. You were friends and that's all you ever would be.

After god-knows how long of sitting out in the cold winter air you started to shiver. The ends of your dress started to dampen with melted snow. Despite the temperature and your discomfort you weren't ready to go back and face anyone yet.

Without you noticing in your despair Dick came up behind you and wrapped his tuxedo jacket around your shoulders. He sat down beside you and started to try to rub your goosebumps away.

"God [Y/N]! You're freezing! I've been looking everywhere for you! Why did you run off like that?" He asked doing whatever he could to warm you up. "Come on let's get you inside." He prompted trying to pull you to your feet.

"I'd rather stay out here." You insisted numbly refusing to make eye contact with him, fearing that if you were to make eye contact you would fall completely apart.

"Don't be ridiculous, [Y/N], you'll get hypothermia. Come inside." He insisted a little more firmly.

"Why do you care, Dick?" You asked in harsh accusation.

"[Y/N], you're my friend. The last thing I want is you getting hurt." Dick said a little more softly with warmth in his eyes.

"Friend." You scoffed to yourself. "Is that all I'm ever going to be to you?" You asked weakly. His silence following your question was answer enough for you. At this point you had no feeling left in your body, only numbness.

"[Y/N] ..." He hesitantly started but you waved him off.

"No. I understand perfectly. Thank you for checking up on it. I appreciate it, I really do, but right now I think I just need to be alone. Please don't follow me." You choked out, stood up from the bench and started walking back towards the house.

As disappointing as this night had been at least you now knew where you stood with Dick. Now you have the freedom to move on. It might not happen today, it might not happen tomorrow, hell it might not even happen for a long time from now but at least now you could begin the process of mending your broken heart. No longer were you going to let yourself be hung up on Dick Grayson. No matter how much it hurt, you were going to find it within yourself to move on once and for all.