Klutz

Prompt: Okay so I just read you Dick puberty HC  (10/10 btw great stuff right there) and like the part where the girls drop their stuff just to get him to pick it up and like could you do a short fic where the reader is legitimately clumsy and runs smack into him and he thinks they are flirting and the reader is like calm down boy I just dropped my textbook but if you wanna call me I wouldn't be mad. Please and thank you <3 (requested by anon)

"Fuck!" You swore as you suddenly tripped over thin air and stumbled to the ground. You didn't have a fucking reason for falling, you were just a klutz and you were guaranteed to always fall at the inopportune moment. Today you were late for class, you were juggling a million and one things in your hands, trying to go over your presentation in your head while simultaneously attempting to text your project partner to stall for time. After seventeen years of your life on this planet, you'd think you would have learned that multitasking was not one of the skills you were graced with.

You mentally braced yourself for the impact and subsequent humiliation. You only hoped that no one was around to witness your fall from grace, unfortunately you could never be so lucky. Instead of the hard slap on linoleum on your skin you fell straight into a hard strong body. Your books and papers flew in every direction across the hallway but you were caught in your savior's steady arms.

With your cheek awkwardly pressed against the tone chest you looked up to judge just how mortified you should be by your clumsiness. You internally groaned when you saw the chiseled shocked face of a beautiful man who, by no action of his own, now found himself with a damsel in distress in his arms.

Dick Grayson.

Of course it had to be him.

"I am so sorry!" You apologized, quickly separating yourself from his arms and pushing yourself back up to your feet. "I should have been watching where I was going. I swear I never meant to run into you." You swore as you scrambled to collect all of your things. Dick crouched down and started to help gather some of your things.

"It's alright. I get all the time." He chuckled, handing you your math textbook.

"What?" You asked, your brows furrowing in confusion. "Oh! No! I'm not - you think? No. Look dude you're hot, I get it, but I'm the biggest klutz in the universe. There's no way I did this on purpose just to get your attention."

"You're right. You could get my attention without injuring yourself." He replied smoothly without skipping a beat.

"Are you - are you flirting with me?" You asked in disbelief. Dick Grayson. The Dick Grayson. Dick Grayson, who nearly every girl a crush on was the one who was flirting with you?

"If I was would it get me your number?" He asked with a bright charming smile.

"I - I'm late for class." You stuttered gathering the last of your things and scurrying off towards the direction of your class.

"Wait! Can I at least know your name?" Dick asked hurrying after you.

"It's [Y/N]! Don't worry! I'll probably run into you again at some point! Literally" You called back. When you got to your class you silently took your seat and opened your textbook. A small slip of paper fell out of the cover of the book when you opened it. Checking to see no one had noticed, you leaned down and picked up the scrap of paper and inspected it. There, scrawled in a neat script was your savior's name and a series of numbers. You smiled to yourself and slipped the phone number into your pocket, eager for the next time you would be able to run into your prince charming again.