#14. Circus - Dick Grayson x Reader

It's day 14 of the 30 day challenge! We're back to DC again! Again I kind of went with the obvious pair for today but whatever. I don't regret it ... For the full list of the prompts I will be doing for this writing challenge and the ones I have already completed, go Enjoy!

You took in a deep breathe in attempt to calm your growing discomfort. Your mind screamed at you not to look down but your eyes instinctively betrayed your thoughts and looked down at the height below. You breath started to quicken and you backed further against Dick and away from the edge.

"Holy snickerdoodles, Dick. This is really high up." You say closing your eyes and gripping his arm with a death grip. He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you to him. His closeness comforted you as you stared down at the world beneath the trapeze.

"I thought you said you weren't afraid of heights, [Y/N]." He whispered in your ear holding you close.

"I'm not but this is different." You said.

"We don't have to do this if you don't want to." He offered.

"No I want to!" You replied quickly. "It's just really daunting is all." You take another calming deep breath and loosened your grip on Dick.

"I'll be with you the entire time. I won't let you fall, I promise." He swore, grabbing hold of your hand.

"I'm ready." You nodded. Dick gave you a comforting smile and led you to the edge of the trapeze. He handed you the bar and instructed you to grab hold of it with both of your hands. When you did as he instructed he wrapped an arm solidly around your waist and held the bar with one of his own hands.

"I'm right here, [Y/N]." He reminded you, softly squeezing your waist as a reminder. You nodded and took the first step off the platform. At first you were afraid of the sensation that the trapeze was giving you but as you spent more time in the air with Dick you could see why he loved it so much. This was probably the closest you would ever come to feeling like you could fly. It was a spectacular feeling. After a few minutes of holding your own weight on the bar your grip started to slip. Dick noticed this and gripped you closer to him so that you wouldn't fall.

"I'm going to let you drop to the net ok, [Y/N]? You" He informed you calmly.

"Ok." You nodded preparing yourself for the drop. You fell a good ways down to the net and bounced quite a bit when your body hit the net. You began to giggle when your body stopped bouncing in the net. That was probably the most fun you've had in a long time.

Dick dropped to the near you and let his body roll to your side. You pulled his body flush with yours and gave him a deep kiss.

"That was a lot of fun, Dick." You say with a broad grin. His smile widened at your admission.

"Yeah?" He asked with a grin.

"Yeah." You reiterated. "Feel free to take me to the circus whenever you want."