Mad Hatter - Dick Grayson x Reader

A/N: Sorry this took so long! For whatever reason it disappeared/never made it on to my prompt list and I have no earthly idea why. I thought about it today and realized that I never wrote it. It's here now though! Sorry for the delay anon!

Prompt: Hello :) I was wondering if you could write a fluffy Dick x Reader based on Mad Hatter by Melanie Martinez where Reader is an anti-hero and a bit crazy (like Deadpool who has these voices in his head) thank youu

"Blam! Blam! Blam!" You said shooting the balloons that were floating across the aisle with your dual guns. When you hit all of them with precise accuracy you threw your arms up in the air and celebrated. "Woo! Too bad none of you stiffs were watching! Though I suppose you folks won't be seein' much of anything anytime too soon. Ha! Get it? Cuz you're all dead!" You laughed turning over the nearest corpse. You couldn't help but to sneer when you saw his face was plastered in a grotesque smile and his eyes wide and panicked.

"Aww man, he did this? I mean I know I've got a couple of loose bolts up in the ol' noggin but that dude is just plain demented." You shook your head. You looked around your surrounds of the carnival that not long ago had been a happy cheerful place for families. The carnival was completely empty save for those who had been caught by the Joker's trap and even you had to admit that the carnage that had just taken place here was a little much.

You continued popping balloons with your guns and prancing around the carnival. You rode some of the rides and even stopped to play some of the rigged carnival games. When you couldn't win, you shot up the stand and took the biggest toy in your rage. It's not like there was anyone here to complain anyway. With your oversized stuffed bat you stole in hand you nabbed some cotton candy and danced your way back towards the entrance.

"What are you doing here?" Nightwing appeared in front of you and crossed his arms in front of his chest. He looked so serious and annoyed.

"Nightwing!" You squealed and threw your arms around his neck. He wasn't at all amused. "Thank goodness you showed up! I was beginning to get all lonely! No one here will talk to me!" You pouted sticking you lower lip out and gave him a puppy dog look. Nightwing frowned, took hold of your arms and detached them from around him.

"People died, [Y/N]." He said seriously. You threw your head back and laughed. You turned around and sauntered over to take a balloon that you hadn't popped yet. You jumped up on top of the cart and sat down on the counter, swinging your legs back and forth off the edge of it. You untied the end of the balloon and inhaled the helium filled balloon.

"Yeah so? What's that gotta do with me?" You said in a squeaky, helium altered voice. You began to giggle at yourself. Nightwing took the balloon from you and threw it to the ground.

"Can you knock it off for just a minute? I know you can be normal when you want to be."

"Why would I want to be normal? So I can be your pretty little girlfriend and do whatever you and the Bat want? Not happening." You said angrily crossing your arms over your chest. You and Nightwing had many flirtatious run ins in the past and there was a brief point where you were thought you were close to giving it all up to run with him as his partner but it would never work out. You weren't normal enough to run with the heroes like he was.

"[Y/N], you have to understand what it looks like here." Nightwing sighed pinching the bridge of his nose.

"What it looks like is that you are being a kill joy." You stuck your tongue out to him.

"This is a crime scene, [Y/N]! People already think you're with working with the Joker and then you show up here after he's done this." He said gesturing to the carnage. "[Y/N], I can't protect you if you don't meet me halfway here."

"I didn't have anything to do this. I may be crazy but I wouldn't murder innocent people!" You defended. Nightwing stood closer and framed his hands on your shoulders.

"I know that but the others ... Look just lay low for a while, ok? Try to act at least a little bit more normal. I'm not asking you to change who you are just put in an effort." Nightwing pleaded with you.

"I don't think I can ... I'm not normal. I'm nuts, baby, I'm mad but I'm no murderer to people who don't deserve it. I don't care if you or all of fucking Gotham thinks I'm psycho, it's who I am!"

"I know [Y/N], believe me, I know. You're the absolute craziest friend I've ever had but I just don't want this to blow back badly on you." Nightwing said softly. You smiled sadly and pulled him into a tight hug. You've never really had a friend before that hadn't eventually run screaming for the hills.

"Can I tell you a secret Nightbooty?" You ask looking up at him.

"Sure." He laughed.

"I think you're crazy too. Why else would you jump off roofs night after night and stick up for insane losers like me?" You teased softly jabbing your elbow into his side.

"I'll let you in on a little secret myself." He said leaning down to whisper in your ear. "I don't care that you insane. All the best people are." He smiled with a wink. Yes, you were insane but so was he. Maybe that's why the two of you get along so well.