Fame and Gossip

Prompt: Can I request a fic where Dick is dating a very popular actress who has been on things like the walking dead and she takes Dick and The Batfam to a red carpet premiere of some type? (requested by anon)

"Hey baby, do you want to go to to the Emmy's with me? I would go on my own but it seems like all that people ask about when I go to these things is the mystery man I never take anywhere." You said wrapping your arms around Dick, giving him wide doe eyed eyes that he could never resist. It wasn't that you were ashamed to take him out, your schedules just never lined up. Even then he usually had to dip out before the night was over to help with the family business.

"Tonight?" Dick asked.

"Yeah. I'm sure we could find you a tux somewhere if you don't have one. I'm sure my fans would love to see us together." You said, sweetly pressing a kiss to his cheek. Admittedly you were trying to butter him up, not that you really needed too. He was all too willing to jump at any excuse to spend more time with you.

"Well in that case ..." He trailed off sarcastically with a bright grin on his face.

"It'll be fun! We'll stand for a bit, take pictures, I'll sign a couple of things for fans, we'll go inside and eat free food, and hopefully I'll walk home with a shiny new statue at the end of the night." You encouraged.

"I'm down for it." Dick shrugged.

"Great!"

Over the next few hours you style team came to your apartment and got you ready for the awards. They made sure you looked like the award winning actress and celebrity that you were. The team cornered Dick when he came in to check on you and put some light makeup on him, just so that everything came out well in the pictures. The man was already flawless but it didn't hurt to make sure the cameras cooperated tonight.

When the two of you pulled up to the red carpet in the limousine, Dick slid out first and offered his hand to you. You smiled warmly and took his hand in yours as you stepped out. Dick hooked his arms through yours and turned to walk you down the red carpet. The cameras lit up in a sea of bright flashes and frantic shutters, trying to catch the photogenic couple.

Paparazzi shouted questions in your direction, some that were downright offensive but you had long since gotten used to shutting them out. You gracefully made you way down the carpet. Dick separated from you and stood back to let you post for photos.

"Come on now [Y/N]! Can we get one with your handsome date?" One of the photographers from a major magazine label shouted. You laughed kindly and motioned for Dick to join you. He shrugged, strode over to you and wrapped his arm behind your back. You beamed up at him and leaned up to press a tame kiss to his lips. He obliged and the cameras went wild to capture the moment. You could already see your PR agent rolling in dough ...

The two of you continued walking down the red carpet, you stopped here and there to sign some things for fans, take a couple of selfies. Eventually you had to stop to talk to some interviewers to promote the show. As always you were the epitome of charm and class for the entire interview.

You've grown used to answering certain questions. Who are you wearing tonight? Tell us about your new role? What do you have planned for the future?

"So you've brought a date tonight?" The interviewer asked. You couldn't quite remember her name, she must have been from one of the smaller gossip websites. You glanced over briefly at Dick who was standing patiently just off camera.

"I did, yes. I brought my boyfriend, Dick, to the Emmy's with me tonight." You answered simply.

"So has he popped the question yet? Is there a ring in [Y/N]'s future?" She asked, her eyes sparkling with a greedy gleam as she tried to prompt some juicy gossip out of you.

"I'm no fortune teller." You deflected with a laugh. "We're just enjoying being with each other one day at a time." You said. She didn't seem entirely happy with your answer but you were quickly ushered along to the next interview. A few other reporters asked about your relationship and you gave them all the same vague answer.

"They really like to ask about marriage and babies don't they?" Dick whispered in your ear as you finally walked into the the building that the awards were taking place in.

"Don't feel bad. They used to ask me that when I was single as well." You said rubbing the back your neck. "Their reader demographics are mostly bored housewives and tweens. I wouldn't put too much thought into it." You said dismissively. You couldn't help but notice they way Dick's smile faltered at your dismissive tone.

"So you wouldn't want those things with me?" He asked.

"That's not what I said." You retorted. "I just don't want to encourage them to gossip when we're not even sure if we'll get to that point."

"Well I'm sure we will." He said with conviction.

"You are? I ... didn't know you felt that way." You said.

"Of course I do. I'm not dropping to one knee now, mostly because I forgot to bring the ring with me, but promise you that I very much intend for those nosy interviewers to start bugging you about a ring on your finger very soon." Dick promised, taking your hand and gently running his finger along your empty left ring finger. Your eyes widened and you looked at him in disbelief. Before you could question him further you were ushered to your seats.

"Do you really have a ring?" You leaned over and whispered when you were sure no one was listening in.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." He winked.