Nightmares

Prompt: Love your blog! ❤️ Can you write a Dick Grayson reader insert where the reader is Dick's girlfriend and ends up getting kidnapped so Nightwing has to try to save her, but when he does, she keeps having terrible nightmares. But, he's always there to comfort her. 😁 You have an amazing blog by the way! I love all your stories! Keep writing, sweetheart! 😁❤️ (requested by anon)

"Why don't you just give up now? It'll save you all that trouble of waiting, hoping, for you dearest Nightwing to swoop in to save the day only to be disappointed when he never shows up." The Joker said in his usual dramatic flair as you lay bleeding and broken on the cold dirty floor. The pain was unbearable and you felt like you were back there fearing for your life hoping anybody would come and save you. You moaned out in pain, your cracked ribs making breathing a chore.

"How rude of him. right! What kind of gentleman keeps a lady waiting like this? I sent him an invitation and everything!" He cried in mock outrage. He circled around your body admiring his handiwork before crouching down beside your head. He pressed the crowbar he was holding against your cheek and gave you a wide cruel smile.

"Has anyone ever told you about that time I threw a party with the second bird brat? No? Well allow me to retell it for you. It really is quite the story!" He sneered and cackled with a bone chilling laugh. He stood up and twirled the crow bar casually in his hand as if it were a baton before bringing it down onto your already bruised and cracked ribs.

You lurched out of bed letting out a blood curdling scream. Your breathing was heavy and you looked frantically around the room realizing it was just a horrible nightmare. A nightmare you couldn't seem to escape from.

"[Y/N]! I've been trying to wake you for ten minutes!" Dick cried taking you into his arms. You sank into his hold and he slowly rocked you as you sobbed into his chest. You wrapped your arms around him and held him tight to you, the feeling of his skin on yours bringing you back to reality.

"Oh god! It was so real Dick! I couldn't wake up. I-I" You sobbed.

"Shh. It's alright. I'm here. He's never going to hurt you again, [Y/N]." Dick reassured comfortingly running circles around your back and gently stroking your hair.

"It was so real." You repeated, your sobs shaking your entire body.

"I know. I'm sorry baby." He whispered softly. "You're safe now, [Y/N]" Dick held you for as long as you needed until you started to calm back down. You hated that you felt this way, that you were plagued night after night with the memory of what he did to you.

"I don't want to be scared anymore, Dick." You whispered against Dick's chest. He pressed a soft kiss to the top of your head and tightened his hold on you.

"I know baby but it's just going to take time. What he did to you ... it's unforgettable but I'm here for you [Y/N]. I'll always be here for you. Whenever you need me." Dick swore. You lifted your head up and looked fearfully into his eyes.

"I love you, Dick. Nothing he ever did to me could ever change that." You promised.

"Good. You'll survive this, [Y/N]. I know you will." Dick promised with a gentle smile. Later on you managed to fall back asleep but you kept your arms wrapped tightly around him. Dick's firm touch managed to keep your nightmares away for the rest of the night at the very least.