Take a Break - Dick Grayson x Reader

You are the long time girlfriend of Nightwing and the team has just been moved to the Bludhaven warehouse after Mount Justice was compromised. You notice him overworking himself and decide to pry him away from the case yourself. Dick Grayson x Reader

"You've reached the voicemail box of –" God damn it. Voicemail again. You growled lowly into your cell phone before sighing and brandishing your sultriest voice that you knew drove him mad.

"Dick, baby. I miss you. Please come home for one night. Look, I made a trip to Victoria's Secret today and got you a present. It's blue." You emphasized knowing it was his favorite color on you. "Don't keep me waiting too long, darling." You purred and hung up.

You can't remember the last time when you and your boyfriend, Dick, had some uninterrupted quality time together. Now it seemed next to impossible without cornering him and coercing him to spend time with you. He was stretched way too thin between his job with the Bludhaven PD, hisextra-curriculars as Nightwing out in Bludhaven, and now he's leading the team all the while trying to juggle a somewhat normal relationship with you. You know that in the grand scheme of things he attention is needed elsewhere "for the greater good" but the man seriously needs a night off. Preferably with you. In your bed.

Dear lord, you miss him.

You walked into the bedroom of your shared Bludhaven apartment and opened the window in case he were to return home incognito. You changed into the lingerie that you had bought earlier that day and relaxed on your bed with a good book but your mind was elsewhere so the books was soon abandoned, untouched. Hours passed by slowly, you looked over to see that your clock read 2:00 AM. You sighed and walked over to shut your window.

'All dressed up and no one here to you undress you. You sure know how to pick 'em [Y/N]' You shook your head and sat the edge of your bed. Your apartment seemed so lonely without his presence. Signs of him were scattered all around. His clothes, photos of the two of you together, and even a spare Nightwing suit under one of your creaky loose floorboards. But in your three years of dating, your shared apartment had never felt so void of him. Lately, you felt as if you were living in the presence of a ghost.

You sighed, squared your shoulders, and sat up straight. No. You refused to flirt with his voicemail another night. You were going to take matters into you own hands tonight. You grabbed your knee length coat and buttoned it over your little ensemble. You grabbed your best pair of killer heels that made you feel unstoppable and strutted out of your apartment with determination set on your face.

You weren't quite sure where he was tonight but you had a few hunches. You tried a couple of small hideouts near your home in case he decided to crash there and found nothing. There was one other place that you thought he could be. The team had been moved into an abandoned Bludhaven warehouse after Mount Justice had been compromised. He could be working on a case for them there.

As luck would have it he was in fact holed up in the dingy warehouse at the team hide out. He didn't notice you come in and he was staring intently at something on the computer screen. He was clearly caught up in a case and you had sudden doubts as to whether this was a good idea. You pushed that thought aside. As selfish as it might be you both needed him to take a break.

You took advantage of your element of "surprise" (knowing him he probably heard you coming from the parking lot) and you wrapped your arms around him and started kissing up and down his neck, gently sucking periodically. He continued working on his case.

'Fine. If that's how you want it to be.' You doubled your efforts and started gently nibbling along his jaw, kissing where your teeth had grazed. Your hands moved from your embrace to tauntingly trace slow patterns along his body. He let out an almost inaudible groan.