Stay

Prompt: Can I request "Walk out this door and we're through" angst with either Wally, Dick, or Jaime, please? Also, what's your icon from? (Requested by anon)

"Please don't do this Dick." You pleaded. You pressed your hands against his chest to prevent him from stepping through the door.

He had been working himself to death, he was injured and could hardly move without wincing in pain. It killed you to see him like this, to see him flirt so close to death the night before and still be determined to risk his life again. You were the one who stitched him up night after night and youwere the one who he left wondering if tonight would be the night he never came home.

"I need to, [Y/N]. The city needs me." He frowned trying to step around you. He took his head in you hands and turned him to look at you. He kept his eyes downcast away from your gaze. You could feel Dick distancing his emotions from you. He felt cold.

"Dick, please." You choked out. Unshed tears stung at your eyes as Dick pushed past you and stode his way to the door. "Walk out that door and we're through." Dick's hand froze on the doorknob but his back remained turned to you.

"What?" He whispered, not daring to meet your tearful gaze which was good because you were sure if he even so much as glanced your way you would have lost your resolve. You couldn't stand this anymore, you couldn't stand not knowing if he'd come back. You hated yourself for giving him an ultimatum but you couldn't do this anymore if he insisted on this self destructive path.

"I love you Dick but I can't do this anymore if this is what it's going to be like. Please stay. I'm begging you. I don't want to break up with you Dick, but if you walk out that door tonight I can't promise I'll be here when you return. If you return." You pleaded. Dick slowly turned around and met your desperate eyes. You were begging him to heed your words. His face was contorted torturously as he slowly strode back over to you and took you in his arms. You stepped away from his embrace and wrapped your arms vulnerably around your sides. You trained your eyes on the ground to avoid seeing the pain in Dick's eyes.

"[Y/N], don't do this." Dick whispered painfully.

"I-I have to. I can't just stand aside and casually watch as the man I love risks his life night after night without fail. I can't stand another stitch or hell another night where you come home half dead and bleeding out on our floor!" You cried you voice raising to a panicked shout. "Look I'm not asking you to give up Nightwing, I'm asking you to take a break to let your injuries heal before you go back out there and throw yourself in front of monsters again. Please Dick, I'm not sure how much more of this I can take." You voice decrescendoed into a weak sob. Dick took you into his arms softly brushing your hair. You didn't fight against him this time, instead opting to sob against his chest.

"I don't deserve you, I know I don't but I don't want to let you go. If I were a better man I would have let you leave long ago but I'm a selfish man. I want you, I'll do anything for you, [Y/N]. Just give me a chance, I promise I'll make things better between us." Dick promised earnestly into your soft hair. He took in the scent and feeling of you as if this would be the last he ever saw of you before you vanished into thin air, never to be seen again.

"I want to stay, Dick. I-I just need some sort of promise that the future won't be this." You said gesturing to his bruised and bandaged form.

"I promise. Please don't leave me [Y/N]. I don't know what I would do without you." Dick choked out. You could feel a few of his tears stream down his cheeks and dampen your hair. You took his face between your hands and crashed your lips together in a slow, desperate kiss. He responded to the movements of your lips with primal need. Dick pulled you flush with his body, his grip holding you tightly against him as if he were worried that you would leave him here and now if he let go.

"Promise me you'll stay tonight." You commanded breathlessly between kisses.

"I'm yours, completely and utterly yours." Dick swore passionately pulling you back into his kiss while leading you away from the exit and towards the bedroom. There was still so many issues for you and Dick to work out but right now you both desperately needed each others firm reassuring touches.