Chapter 35 | Scare

Chapter 35 | Scare

I had come home to find Joker missing. He was outside, doing some important business deal he was talking about last night. I laid in the bed, reaching my hands out as I admired my nail-polish. I had painted them alternatively in black and red, just like the diamond tattoos on my arm.

Puddin' and I had planned to go to the club tonight. He had a business meeting to attend to. Once he gets home, we will be on our way to the club and I giggled excitedly thinking of a dress to wear. Speaking of him, I picked up the phone on the bedside table and started texting him.

'When will you return home? I'm missing you.'

The phone in my hand buzzed the next second and my heart skipped a beat, as I smiled giddily.

'Soon. We need to talk once I get home.'

What does that mean?

He had never said that to me before.

Oh crap.

That's not a good sign.

Fear gripped my heart as I thought of all the possibilities and scenarios. Did I do something wrong? Maybe its because I didn't eat half of the pasta lastnight. He hates it when I leave food behind. Maybe, he has finally decided I'm not worth it.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

My heart rate increased as I struggled to type back a response. I threw the phone away and frowned at the ceiling. I bit my lip in frustration and finally after a while, decided to watch T.V to get a distraction.

I don't know what I was watching, it was some crappy cooking show and my mind was not on it. I was too distracted to focus. My mind was constantly thinking of the message he had just sent.

What's wrong?

Tears brimmed my eyes as I thought of the worst possible scenario and my heart started beating rapidly, a sweat droplet rolled down my forehead as I felt my body burning due to the intense anticipation. The tick-tock of the wall-clock was not helping either. I wrapped my arms around myself, trying desperately to feel comfort but none came. It even got worse.

The rumble of a car screeching to a halt echoed around me and I immediately stiffened, trying to control my emotions as my eyes flickered to the entrance, waiting for his arrival.

In a matter of seconds, he was crossing the threshold and into the house. His face was contorted into a frown as he pocketed his gun. He started taking off his coat, and tossed it away carelessly towards his men who caught it swiftly in his hands. He folded his black sleeves, rolling them up to his shoulders and unbuttoned the top three buttons of his shirt, all the while still walking.

His ocean icy eyes shifted up and landed me, giving me a blank expression and I gulped, straightening myself on the leather sofa.

He growled lowly and came to stand infront of me, blocking the T.V and pouted. "Where's my hug?"

I stared back at him blankly, giving him a solemn expression and refused to stand up and give him a hug, just like I would always do. "Ya said we need to talk."

"Oh." He narrowed his eyes at me before a hard expression took over his face at my reminder.

"Yes. We need to talk." He growled and sat down on the tea table opposite me. My legs were between his.

"I know it has been three years but somethin' isn't right."

My breath hitched and fear crawled under my skin, my heart started beating rapidly.

"What?" I wanted to sound strong but it came out weak. I was almost at the brink of crying.

He sighed, letting out a low growl. "It has been three years... and ya never made me a sandwich babe, I think that is a very big issu-"

"I am goin' to fucking make you a sandwich and CHOKE YOU WITH IT FOR SCARING ME SO BAD PUDDIN'!!" I started shouting grabbing anything I could get in my hand and throwed it at him as he started laughing, moving away from me.

Soon, I was running down the hallway chasing him, throwing pillows and magazines at him, which he swiftly dodged, all the while laughing hysterically.

After a while, when I had finally run out of amnition, he stopped running and turned to face me, trying to pin my arms against the wall as I thrashed around wildly, trying to beat him, trying to inflict some kind of pain in him to show him how scared I was.

It wasn't even seconds before I was perfectly pinned to the wall, with his lips barely grazing over mine as he teased me, his warm breath making me shudder and he knew that.

He laughed lightly, still teasing me and I growled at him, trying to bite his nose but he moved away just in time.

"Oh." He paused. "There is one more thing we need to talk about."

"What?" I rolled my eyes, giving him a hard glare to which he grinned deviously before it turned into a cheeky smile as his narrowed at my eyes, looking through my soul.

"Something's wrong with my eyes." He said, growling as he pouted. "I can't stop starin' at you babe."

I melted into a pink and blue puddle.

He is trying to calm me down but that is not going to work. He did scare the shit out of me. Time for him to face the music.

"Ya are goin' to have to work a lot harder than that." I teased, and his grip on my hands loosened. Using that as my escape routed, I pushed him away, before sashaying my way along the corridor, with my head held high.

"What do ya wan' me to do?" He shouted from behind me and I continued walking.

"Win me over!" I shouted back and plopped down on the sofa, grabbing the T.V remote and started switching the channels, looking for more to see.

"Babe ya make my palms sweaty, my knees weak and my arms spaghetti." He purred beside my ear, behind me and rubbed his hands along my shoulders. I gulped down the moan that was threatening to come out and tried to focus on the T.V, but his warm breath on my shoulder was not helping at all.

He started feathering kisses down my shoulder and I bit my lip, still trying hard not to give in and his hand reached the hem of shirt, lifting it up slowly and his hand started rubbing the underside of my bra, teasing me. "If we go to the bedroom now, how long do you think it will take for you to scream my name?"

I shivered and he knew that, as he started sucking my skin near my neck.

"Fuck ya, puddin', ya win, but I still hate ya." I rushed the sentence out of my mouth before turning around and slammed my lips against his. He carried me up into his arms, holding me tightly against his body, smiling victoriously through the kiss.

●●●

Hello!

Why are you so sexy Mr. J? 😭😭

Comment, vote and share.