prologue

P R O L O G U E

'I am awake, puddin' '

I pressed the sent button and flinged my glittery pink phone on the bed, before continuing to stare at the sky, through the ceiling window.

It has been two weeks since us happened.

I smiled again unconsciously and held my legs up in the air, and kicked the air infront of me, just for fun, feeling goofy and happy.

The phone vibrated beside me and I immediately took it, and looked at his message.

'I will be right next to ya soon baby.'

I giggled, feeling my insides fill with happiness. My eyes shifted to my arms, which were now pale, like his skin. I traced a bruise a cut I had gotten last night, when I scratched myself during the bank robbery.

Puddin' was so angry, he chopped of the man's hands, and stuffed them into the man's mouth.

He is so sweet.

I heard the sweet soft voice, of an angel in my mind and smiled. "I know." I said.

When will he come home? I can't wait for him to be back home!

I heard another voice, the low, rough voice of a devil and frowned. "He will be back soon!" I said and pointed at the sky suddenly.

"Oo!" I exclaimed. "Look! An eagle! Its so huge!" I exclaimed again, and looked at the huge bird flying in the bright blue sky, over our roof.

I sat up on the huge black comfy bed. This is his room. I have been sleeping in this room since the other night. The whole room was black. It kind of represented a change. I was in a white room, and now I am in a black room.

I was pure and now I have embraced the darkness, and now I am perfectly impure.

One of the walls was painted in graffiti, with the name Joker scrawled on it, and a lot of guns, knifes, blood, batman logo all over it. I smiled at the corner where there was a small heart shape with J&H on it. He had done that a few days ago when we were goofing around in the house.

This huge house is filled with colored rooms, the white room, the black room, and the dining room is called the blue room. It was so cool.

I played with the gold ring on my finger, with the letter H on it. I bit my lips, trying to control my giggles. I laid back down on the bed again and closed my eyes, humming a catchy tune.

The door to the bedroom bursted open. I controlled my smiling, and still closed my eyes, not opening them. I heard the rubbing of shirt, footsteps, guns hitting the black carpet on the floor and finally silence.

I waited for him to touch me, to call me, to say my name or just jump on the bed with me but nothing.

I peeked my eyes open, and above me was a face, so scary that I screamed so loudly at the face infront of me.

He laughed, pulling away and clapped his hands.

"Why did ya do that?" I asked, sitting up straight, feeling my heart beat slow down from its high and pouted my lips, with cherry lipstick.