Chapter 5 | Flip A Coin

"She is your bestfriend..." Tom dragged, his eyes clouding with confusion and disbelief.

"What?" I breathed out, folding my arms across my chest. If what he is saying is true, how could I completely forget a person? That's impossible. He must be lying. This must be a prank. My nose scrunched up in confusion and my eyebrows knitted closer together.

"Do you even remember me?" Tom asked, his eyes narrowing at me, his voice getting angrier as he frowned. "What's wrong with you?"

"Ofcourse I remember you." I said. "I have known you for years."

I gritted my teeth in irritation and glaned at the wall clock behind Tom. It was 9am. I have been here for two hours. Its time for me to go home.

"You know Debby MORE than me." He said. "Something is so wrong. This is so wrong. Did you hit your head somewhere?"

"No." I said and suddenly I felt a stabbing pain at the back of my mind but I ignored it.

"How come you remember me?" He asked.

"Because you are my first kiss." I blurted out before I could stop myself and then I bit my tongue, realising what I just said.

"We have kissed?" He asked, he looked more confused than ever and I slightly pitied him for it.

"Uh...yeah."

"No. We never kissed."

"Actually we did." I said, pointing my finger in the air. "It was a drunk night. You were drunk with misery because your best friend died in an accident. You were telling all those stuff to me. And then things started happening and you kissed me."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"The next day..." I dragged. "You talked to me like nothing happened. You didn't remember."

Silence filled the air for a few moments and he just stared at me, disbelief and confusion all running over his posture. He seemed like he was having a lot of difficulty processing all these stuff. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"It never crossed my mind." I shrugged. "Its not a big deal any-"

Whish.

Thud.

I turned around and looked at Tom, lying on the hard floor, his eyes wide open as he stared ahead towards the ceiling. His lips twitched and suddenly he looked at his hips. My eyes glided over to where he was looking and saw a knife, stabbed right to the side of his hips.

Thick blood oozed out of the wound, sliding down the smooth blade and messed up the carpet. His red shirt turns darker and all I can see is the scarlet blood that once flowed in his veins. Each drop of blood slowly takes away the life in him, leaving me pale and weak, yet defying death. He pressed his palms on his stained shirt, but, oh, there was so much blood - dark crimson, with a discreet, metallic scent. It cascaded across the floor.

"Oh.. Its a big deal alright."

I whipped my head around and saw Mr. J standing at the entrance of the door, giving me a wide grin before he entered the house. He must have threw the knife into Tom's hips.

"Puddin'..." I dragged, feeling a little angry with him for not coming back home earlier.

"Frost!" He yelled. "Take all the boxes and put them in the van. We will be there shortly."

I looked down at Tom to see his eyes cold and blank now, staring with no emotion. He's dying, there is still a little life left in him. "Baby..." He came beside me, his hand circling my waist as he hugged me towards him, with a wide grin in his face. His eyes flickered down to my lips and he growled.

"Those lips only belong to me." He pulled me closer and stared down at the dead body of Tom. Mr. J bent down, his face getting closer to Tom's pale face and then out of nowhere, he pulled out a coin and flipped it in his hand like an expert.

"Let's flip a coin." He said, his voice low as he growled. "Heads. She is mine. Tail. She is mine. What do ya say?" He asked, laughing and then flipped the coin, catching it in his hands before his eyes widened in amusement. "Heads. She is mine." Mr. J grinned widely and that's when I could hear the sharp inhale in Tom's breath before his life went away. His hazel brown eyes losing its life as he died.

Mr. J stood up and turned around to me, purring before he pulled me towards him in a second, our bodies pressed up against each other and I bit my lip. I looked up at his captivating icy blue eyes and noticed a flash of emotion that suddenly showed in his eyes.

Fear.

His face was calm and indifferent but only I could see the fear dancing in his cerulean eyes. I watched them dance, my nerves calming and getting high at the same time. I found myself getting lost in his eyes. They glistened brightly and coldy. They were pure. They were beatiful. His eyes were like a piece of art that nobody could understand, leaving everyone who stared confused, uncomprehending. And, I was slowly breaking them down, discovering places that he didn't know he had them either. He has the most wonderful eyes - they are blue, mostly, but darken to grey in correspondence to his mood, like right now. They were getting darker and darker and so was his tight grip around my waist. "Mine."

I smiled, giggling. All my anger towards him vanished and I immediately hugged him, almost jumping in the excitement.

"Yours Puddin'." I whispered in his ear, and hearing his hearty laugh after that relaxed my nerves and he held my wrist as he walked me out of the apartment, heading for home sweet home.

"Never go anywhere without me." He said, once we hopped in his lambourghini. "Is that clear?" His eyes narrowed in on me, waiting for my response and I smiled back at him.

"Crystal."

●●●

Hola!

Double update for my lovely readers. ♡

Is anyone happy that Tom's dead?

Comment, vote and share.