Chapter 21 | Monster

Everything was going great until my dirty mind started conjuring up images of his naked self, on seeing his body glistening in sweat and a faint trace of blood on his abdomen, the abs of his flexing as he moved towards the victim crouched into the dark corner of the bank. The way the beads of sweat highlighted the contour of his muscle reminded me of what a powerhouse he is.

His ink-covered body only made it worse and I had to stop myself from jumping on him right there and then. I needed to control myself. Digging my nails into my clenched fist, I strode towards another girl, who looked frightened as she moved away, looking at Joker.

I inched closer towards her, but she didn't flinch, she looked at me like as if I was another hostage too. Something in me snapped when she looked at me that way. My eyes narrowed analysing her from top to bottom.

Perfect blonde hair. Short skimpy pink dress. Diamond necklace. A pretty face caked with make-up.

She was one of those fucked up princesses.

"Roses are red, violets are blue, God made me pretty, what happened to ya?" I asked, reaching for her chin and pulled it up to meet my gaze. She whipped her around, her eyes averting from my man and she sucked in a breath as she took in my appearance.

Immediately, the fear in her eyes vanished and it was replaced with confusion and disgust, her eyes analysing me from top to bottom, they lingered longer on ripped sleeve and her eyes narrowed, her face looking disgusted at my appearance. She pulled away from my hand and leaned backward, away from me.

"Sure, I've seen people like you before-" She paused, a teasing glint in her eyes before she said, "but I had to pay an admission."

I reached for my knife in my pocket and held it against her neck, which caused her eyes to widen a fraction, but the smirk was still lingering on her face.

"I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up ma' ass." I bit back, pressing the knife harder onto her neck.

But, her eyes remained calm, like she wasn't afraid of me at all. "It's better to let someone think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and fucking prove it."

The fuckin' nerve of this bitch.

My response was immediate. "Pardon me, but you've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a damn, and could ya please wipe your mouth? There's still a tiny bit of bullshit around your lips."

My silver knife pressed harder onto her skin, my face inching closer towards hers, blood dripped down her neck and she stiffened. When I saw fear in her eyes, this time being directed at me, a sense of pride and achievement washed over me and I grinned, a wide grin. I blew my bubblegum, right infront of her face and popped it.

She flinched visibly at the popping sound. "Please... don't hurt me."

"So, a thought crossed your mind? Must have been a long and lonely journey." I said, feeding off her fear and I grinned, widely, a devilish grin which I know would scare the hell out of her.

"Who are you?" She muttered.

I pressed my knife harder onto her neck and she tried to push me away but her legs and hands were tied up.

"I'm Harley Quinn." I said proudly. "Property of Joker." I added and laughed when her eyes widened in shockness. With that, I slashed her neck and she fell to the floor, but there was still a little life in her as she looked up at me with hatred. I stood up, looking down on her dying body.

"You are a monster."

Before I could reply back, I felt hands hugging me from behind and I immediately smiled, knowing who it is.

"Then." He growled into my ear, his hot breath falling on my cold ear, making me shudder. "Ya are daddy's lil monster."

I turned around, circling my hands around his neck, pulling him down as our foreheads rested against one another. His icy blue eyes were filled with amusement, and his green hair was stuck to his skin, due to all the sweat. His hair was wild and crazy, making my thoughts go haywire again, and I just wanted to go to bed and end the day with a beautiful dance of limbs.

My eyes flickered down to his chest and I traced the tattoo of his name across his abdomen, earning a low growl from him. "I want that tattooed on me."

That sentence left my mouth before I could stop myself, but that didn't mean I regretted saying it. I wanted tattooes too. I wanted to be intimidating too. I wanted everyone to know who I am without asking me 'who are you'.

His eyes widened in faint surprise and he pulled me closer, pecking my lips, sending jolts of electricity through me before turning around and faced his men, who were dressed in crazy costumes, walking around with their guns, in the bank.

He hugged me to his side and a chuckled escaped my lips at that action. "Party's over boys. Grab the money and let's get the fuck out of 'ere." He shot upwards into the air, and everything turned into chaos.

All of his men were now shooting people and shouts and cries of people dying filled the air. Gunshots, the rumbling of cars and blood filled the entire place and I couldn't help but laught out loud, enjoying the adrenaline pulse through my veins.

"Ah!" I squealed when suddenly, strong muscular arms circled around my back, carrying me up, one arm, looped under my knees and the other on my back, my arms automatically circled around his neck tighly and he laughed at the sound I made.

"Screaming already?" He asked, a teasing glint in his eyes as he started walking in the middle of the chaos, with me carried bridalstyle in his arms.

"Wait till ya get home." He promised, sending a shiver down my spine at the mere thought of it and I bent forward, giving him a peck on his cheek before he walked out of the building, pushed me into his pink lamborghini (courtesy of me) and drove me away.

●●●

Hiya!

Just a curious question. Would anybody like to see my book turn into a movie starring Margot Robbie and Jared Leto? And If yes, which chapter from my books would you love to see in the movie? 😊

Please don't be silent. I love to read your comments. 💚

Comment, vote and share.