Chapter 22

Any scenes, characters and dialogue from the Harry Potter universe belong exclusively to JK Rowling.

----------

Chapter 22

It was nearing Christmas and Ivy couldn't believe how fast the last couple of months had gone. It felt like just yesterday she was graduating and now she was married, she had a job and was expecting her third child. Life was a blur but she wouldn't change it for the world.

She had a something some people would kill for. She had a reason for fighting. A life worth living. A rewarding job and a wonderful family. And the New Year on its way wouldn't be one short of surprises.

Christmas was first. Then would be New Year followed closely by Ivy and Lily's birthday. Then Remus and James' birthdays in March. Petunia's baby would be born in June. Then Ivy's baby, Lily's baby and Alice's baby would be born in July. Then Rhiannon's birthday in August. And Gwenog's not long after, towards the end of August. Then the new school year would start and Daniel's birthday would be in October. Then Sirius' birthday in November and then Christmas all over again.

She had a busy life that was for sure but she wouldn't change it for the world. Ivy looked out of the window and smiled. Rhiannon and Daniel were asleep. Remus had gone to bed not long ago and she was marking her seventh-year class's DADA essays.

She took a fresh piece of parchment and looked out the window at the stars.She put her quill to the parchment musing about what would happen next.

The most universally acknowledged truth is that life is a gift. We sing the symphony of our lives and the marks we leave are our grandest works. The way we shape the future reflects on us and all that we do takes tremendous determination. But the most honest truth of them all is that love, love, drives us. It motivates and pushes us and it is what we have. Love is everything. Love is all we need.