Chapter 16

Any scenes, characters and dialogue from the Harry Potter universe belong exclusively to JK Rowling.

----------

Chapter 16

Remus was standing in the garden beside his mother. He was more nervous than ever. It was June 22nd, 1979 and Remus Lupin was about to get married. Ivy was in the house with Lily and Alice getting ready and he was more nervous than ever. His mother was trying to calm him and Sirius and Peter were also trying to a degree but no one was very successful.

Suddenly Remus saw Mrs Evans hurrying around the corner of the house.
"Come on Remus dear. It's time to start." She said, smiling.
Remus took a deep breath and tried to focus on not passing out, although he was feeling more light headed and more nervous by the minute. He was then dragged towards the altar by James, where his father stood.

Then the music started and Remus got the first glimpse of his beautiful bride and her father. She looked absolutely breathtakingly beautiful, as always obviously. She reached the end of the aisle and took his hand smiling warmly. Her father retreated to his seat and the ceremony began.

The ceremony finished and Remus realised he was finally married. The after party was very exciting. They danced together. Ivy teased Lily. They danced with Daniel and generally had fun. 

Afterwards they went home and went straight to bed. Remus, Ivy and Daniel all fell asleep immediately.

*  *  *

Remus awoke the next morning, a smile plastered onto his face. He remembered that he was married. He touched his hand for confirmation where a gold wedding band lay. He then turned to his side, where Ivy lay. But his face soon twisted with pain and confusion. She wasn't there and Daniel wasn't in his nursery.

He leapt out of bed and ran through the whole house searching for them. But they were nowhere to be found. Reaching the hallway he looked at the small table near the door. The only thing he had left of her. A picture of the two of them with Daniel. His half of the heart necklace was hung about the picture frame.

But there was also a note there. He picked it up, reading it carefully.

Not to worry Remus. They're safe.
I have them safe for you to come and rescue. I was wondering why you hadn't changed her. She'd make a fair werewolf. I can tell. I have a knack for it, you see. So I took the liberty, of changing her myself. You can come and collect them whenever you're ready. We're in the forbidden forest near Hogwarts.

Sincerely

F.B.

Remus looked at the signature. F.B. Fenrir Greyback. Could he have been the werewolf terrorising Ivy's days in France? Could it have been he who had killed her best friend?

*  *  *

Remus jumped and opened his eyes. That was the worst dream he had ever had. He turned to his side and to his utter horror, found the bed beside him empty. He ran down the stairs faster than a snitch after checking the nursery and finding it empty.

He ran through the house searching, but he had no luck. He finally checked the garden. He couldn't face the hallway. There he found Ivy sitting on one of the swings, Daniel on her lap. He took a deep breath and Ivy looked up.

She smiled and Remus practically bowled her over as he hugged her tightly.
"Don't ever do that to me again." He said, hugging her tightly.
"What happened?" She asked.
"I had a dream where Fenrir Greyback stole you and Daniel. And then he . . . he . . . changed you." Remus whispered the last two words.
Ivy hugged him reassuringly. "It's fine. We're both here and we're both humans."
Remus nodded and sighed. "You'll be the death of me." He said.