Chapter 2

Any scenes, characters and dialogue from the Harry Potter universe belong exclusively to JK Rowling.

----------

Chapter 2

As James noticed Lily walking past, he leapt from his seat, ran his hand through his hair and yanked open the door. He grabbed hold of Lily's arm and before she could react, he pulled her into the compartment and into the seat beside him. After she had composed herself, she shot James a withering look.

It was at that moment, that the group realised that Lily had not entered the cabin alone. Stood awkwardly in the doorway was another girl. Remus caught Lily's eye and nodded his head discreetly towards the door. Lily turned, realising that this girl knew no one. Looking closely at her, Remus noticed how beautiful she was. It was a familiar kind of beauty and he was struck with a strange sense of deja vu. Her brunette hair and sea blue eyes belonged to someone that he knew and his memory wandered over long, sunny afternoons and ice cream by the sea. 

"Remus and Marauders, you remember Ivy?" Lily said, acknowledging the girl.
The memories returned to Remus like a tidal wave. Ivy. Of course, this girl was Lily's twin sister. He remembered the summer two years ago when they had spent a month at James' and Lily had brought her sister. He remembered how much he had enjoyed her company. She was exactly like Lily, though with a little something extra. Remus had fallen head over heels for her that summer, but he had never let on. Could this be a second chance?

Remus remembered how Ivy was also a witch. She had decided to attend Beauxbatons with a pen pal of hers in lieu of attending Hogwarts. However, the reason for her transfer was lost on him.

"Remus, let's go and find the trolley lady!" Lily said. "Muggles just aren't up to scratch on this sweets thing!"

Remus followed Lily out of the compartment, making a mental note to question her. 
"How was your summer?" Lily asked as they wandered through the carriage.
Remus shrugged. "Lonely. How come Ivy has transferred. I remember from two summers ago that she attended Beauxbatons." 
Lily nodded. "A lot of things changed, but mostly she was receiving threats from a witch whose brother was a werewolf. It was very stressful for her and she decided to transfer so she could spend her final year with me and my friends."

Remus' mind wandered away as he recalled the summer days they had all spent lounging around James' expansive estate. He heard Lily talking and pulled himself from his daze.
"She remembers you. And I know you liked her. I think she liked you back. She always said you were the cutest." 
Remus felt the colour rising in his cheeks.
"It's our last year!" Lily remarked. "If there was any time for grand gestures and big changes, now is the time. And besides, maybe you guys could rekindle what was burning two summers ago."