Chapter 14

Any scenes, characters and dialogue from the Harry Potter universe belong exclusively to JK Rowling.

----------

It was October 8th, 1978. The day before Daniel Remus Lupin was born and today he would meet his family and his parents' friends. It was about nine a.m. and Lily skipped through the door of Ivy's hospital ward. Five figures followed after her. James was there. As well as Petunia and Vernon Dursley, Ivy's sister and brother-in-law and Mr and Mrs Evans, Ivy's parents.

"Good morning Ives, Remus," Lily said happily.
Ivy and Remus smiled at Lily as Lily skipped over to Daniel's cot. She carefully lifted him and took him to meet his family. She handed him to Mrs Evans who smiled warmly at the baby.  
"He's beautiful Ivy." Mrs Evans said, handing Daniel to her husband.
Ivy smiled at her mother who walked over and sat beside her.

"Congratulations." Mrs Evans said.
"Thanks, Mum," Ivy said, smiling.
"You too, Remus dear." Mrs Evans said, hugging Remus.
Remus smiled.
"He looks like you, Remus." Mr Evans said.
Mr Evans smiled and handed the baby to Petunia. She smiled at him a little.
"He's lovely Ivy. I'm sure he'll grow up very happy." Petunia said.
Vernon muttered congratulations.
"He'd like lots of cousins in the future you know." Ivy joked.
"I'm sure he'll have many cousins." Mr Evans said.
Ivy smiled and Lily rolled her eyes.
"Well, we'll be leaving now." Petunia said.
Ivy nodded. "It was nice to see you." She said honestly.
Petunia nodded and wandered out of the hospital ward, dragging Lily after her.

Lily apparated Vernon and Petunia home before returning to Ivy's ward.
"We'll be off now Ivy dear. We'll come and visit you when your home. Lily gave us an owl so I'll send you and owl and we can arrange travel." Mrs Evans said.
Ivy nodded. "Thanks for coming, Mum and Dad. I'll see you next week. It was lovely to see you."
Mr and Mrs Evans nodded and James apparated them home.

*  *  *

James and Lily returned a while later with Professor Dumbledore and Professor Slughorn.
"Ah Miss Evans, your son is lovely," Dumbledore said.
Slughorn nodded in agreement. "I hope he'll be as skilled as his parents in potions."
Ivy laughed and nodded. "I'm sure he will be. But I think I might interest him in Transfiguration. Professor McGonagall would like that wouldn't she?" Ivy asked.
Dumbledore nodded. "Indeed she would, Ivy."
"I'm sure James will try and turn him into the number one Quidditch player, though. Lily warned me." Ivy said. 
Remus smiled. "I'm sure he'll have everyone influencing him in some way."

When everyone had left, Ivy and Remus were left alone for one of few but precious moments alone with their son. 
"He's so perfect," Remus said. "I can't quite believe that he's our perfect thing to have." 
Ivy nodded, "He's our son. And he gets to spend forever within our hearts, even if he can't spend forever in our hearts." 
"What do you think he'll be like?" 
"I think he'll grow up so loved and so lucky. He will have so much influence around him and he'll be so blessed for knowing all the wonderful people that we know." 
Remus nodded. "He will be so lucky."

Moon of my LifeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara