Chapter 7

Any scenes, characters and dialogue from the Harry Potter universe belong exclusively to JK Rowling.

----------

Chapter 7

It was the day after the first full moon since Halloween, and Ivy was eager to get to the boys' room and make sure they were all okay. She and Lily crept silently down the stairs, and snuck towards the boys' corridor.

*  *  *

Ivy banged on the door of the boys dorm. She didn't expect anyone to be awake but she thought knocking was polite. When nobody answered, she pushed open the door, scanning the room as she entered. Peter was mumbling something about trees, rolling around in his bed, Sirius was stroking his hair in his sleep and James was sleeping soundly. Remus' bed was empty.

Ivy felt the panic rising in her chest.
"Lily. He's not there." Ivy said.
Lily sighed and walked over to James' bed. She shook his shoulder and he jumped about three foot in the air.
"Bloody hell Lily. You almost gave me a heart attack." James said.
"Sorry. Where's Remus?" Lily asked.
"Hospital wing," James said.

Ivy didn't stay to hear the rest. She ran through the common room and down the corridor, headed in a blind panic for the hospital wing. She burst throught the door and headed straight for Madame Pomfrey's office.

"Madam Pomfrey, where's Remus?" Ivy questioned, panicked. 
"He's in here dear." Madam Pomfrey said, leading Ivy to a small room beside her office.
As Ivy walked through the door, her heart stopped. Remus was covered in bandages.
"What happened to him?" Ivy asked as tears came to her eyes.
"I don't know what exactly happened to him, but he's been badly beaten up. James and his friends brought him in here late last night. He has a fractured collarbone, three broken ribs and a badly bruised ankle. He's been unconscious since before they brought him here." Madam Pomfrey said.
Ivy nodded, unable to fathom words.
"I'll leave you alone." Madam Pomfrey said, exiting the room.

Ivy sat down in the seat beside the bed. She took Remus' hand which was connected to his unbroken collarbone.
"Ivy?" Remus asked, opening his eyes.
"Oh you." Ivy said, tears spilling over her cheeks.
"What? What did I do?" Remus asked.
"Remus, look at yourself." Ivy said.
Remus looked at himself before realising what happened.

"What happened to you?" Ivy asked.
"I fell down one of the hills." Remus replied, laughing.
"That's not funny. You could have died!" Ivy shouted.
"I'm sorry." He said.

*  *  *

It was December the 18th, and weeks had passed since Remus' accident.
"Morning!" Ivy called through Remus' open door.
"Someone is cheerful today. Might I ask why?" Remus questioned.
"Because you're being discharged today! I missed you." Ivy said.
"I know. I missed you too." Remus said.
"Come on then, let's go," Ivy said.
Remus nodded and taking her hand, they walked out of the hospital wing.

*  *  *

It was the twenty fourth of December and everyone was busy doing their last minute packing to go home for the holidays, everyone except Remus.
"Aren't you going home for the holidays Moony?" Asked James as they packed.
"Nope. I'm staying here this year." Remus said.
"Have you told Ivy?" James asked.
"Yes," Remus replied.

Suddenly a knock came at the door.
"Is everyone decent?" Ivy called.
"Yes," Remus shouted in reply.
"Good." Ivy pushed open the door and walked in, dragging a big bag behind her.

"Santa's come early!" Peter shouted like a four year old.
"He's right!" Ivy shouted. "I bring gifts."
She handed Sirius a present.
"Thank you!" Sirius shouted.
"You're welcome," Ivy said.
Sirius handed her a gift as well. "It's not much but Merry Christmas anyway." Sirius said.
"Thank you!" Ivy sang and she kissed Sirius' cheek.
Sirius stood there for ages before collapsing onto his bed. Remus and Ivy both laughed.