Chapter 8

Any scenes, characters and dialogue from the Harry Potter universe belong exclusively to JK Rowling.

-----------

Chapter 8

Remus opened his eyes to see Ivy sitting beside him grinning.
"Merry Christmas!" She shouted, kissing his cheek.
"Merry Christmas to you too," Remus said.
"Come on! Let's open our presents!" Ivy said, dragging Remus to the Christmas tree in the corner of the common room.

"You first," Remus said.
Ivy nodded and began tearing the paper of her present from James. She pulled out the book that read 'Quidditch through the Ages'.

"James was amazed I didn't play Quidditch," Ivy told Remus. "He thinks it would suit me."
From Sirius, she got a book called 'How to Recognise a Werewolf'.

Ivy grinned and showed Remus.
"I think the irony of this gift is just too much!" Ivy said with a laugh.

She got Bertie Bott's jelly beans from Peter. She got a silver charm bracelet from her parents complete with a charm. The charm was two letters 'IE' intertwined and ivy weaved around them. IE for Ivy Evans. Lily had given Ivy three charms for her bracelet. One was a doe. Another charm a wolf. Her animagus and Remus' werewolf. The third was two swans, intertwined by a heart. Petunia had also sent Ivy a charm for her bracelet. It was a simple yet pretty charm; silver heart with the number 3 on it, symbolic of the three sisters.

"Best for last!" Ivy said, taking Remus' present from under the tree.
She tore off the paper and found a small blue box. Opening it carefully, Ivy found half a silver heart on a chain.
"I've got half of it so that you're always with me," Remus told her.
Ivy smiled. "Thank you."
"Love you," Remus told her.
She smiled. "Love you too. And thank you."
"You're very welcome," Remus said.

"Your turn!" Ivy said.
Remus grinned and reached for the first present.
It was from James. He opened it and laughed.
"What is it?" Ivy asked.
Remus smiled and help up a small fluffy wolf toy. Ivy burst out laughing. Remus got sweets from Sirius and Peter. Lily had given him a book on potions and his parents had given him a book on magical creatures. The only present he had left was Ivy's.It was a large rectangle package, obviously a book.

Remus opened it carefully. It was indeed a book. A limited edition copy of 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard'.
"Thank you," Remus said, hugging Ivy.
"You're very welcome," Ivy said.
"You can have my old one," Remus said, handing Ivy his other copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard.
"Thank you," Ivy said and she kissed him gently.

"You know what?" Ivy asked.
"What?"
"It's nice that it's just the two of us," Ivy said.
"I agree," Remus said.

"What are we doing today?" Ivy asked.

"We can do whatever you want today but tonight we're going somewhere," Remus said.
"Where?" Ivy asked eagerly.

"It's a surprise," Remus said.

"I hate surprises," Ivy said, pouting.
"I know. That's why it's so brilliant." Remus said.

* * *

"Meet me back down here at eight," Remus said.
"Ok," Ivy said.

She climbed the stairs and went straight to her wardrobe. It was cold outside so she grabbed her thickest tights. Then she got her denim skirt and a stripy, long sleeve top. Then she grabbed her pink body warmer, her matching hat, scarf and gloves and her woolly boots.

Then she showered and dried her hair and then she got dressed. She didn't bother with make-up. It wasn't like she was hiding her face. She looked at her bedside clock. Five to eight. Perfect. She could make her way down to the common room and not worry about rushing.

When she reached the common room, Remus was pacing back and forth in front of the fire. She snuck up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. He turned around and kissed her. "Come on," Remus said, taking her hand and leading her outside.

Remus stopped at the tree where they always spent the weekends. He sat against the trunk and Ivy came over and snuggled into his side.

"What are we doing?" Ivy asked.
"Stargazing," Remus replied.

Ivy smiled. He had remembered. It had been something she'd mentioned very early on in their relationship. When she'd been at her old school, her room offered the perfect opportunity for stargazing in the form of a skylight.

After a few hours, Ivy's eyelids began to droop.
"Come on Ives," Remus said, picking her up.
He carried her back to the common room and laid her down on the couch. He smiled at her and kissed her forehead gently.

He then sat on the couch opposite her and began reading. After about fifteen minutes, Ivy stood up and walked over to him. She climbed onto his lap and snuggled into his shoulder and fell asleep.

Remus smiled "I love you Ive." He said.
"Love you too," Ivy said.