Chapter 4

Any scenes, characters and dialogue from the Harry Potter universe belong exclusively to JK Rowling.

----------

Chapter 4

As they walked to change into their robes, Lily sensed unsaid things between herself and Ivy. 
"Did you talk to Remus?" Lily asked. 
Ivy nodded, a secretive smile playing about her lips. 
"And?" Lily demanded excitedly. 
"I reminded him of the almost kiss we shared on the pier before your boyfriend ruined it." 
"He is not my boyfriend!" Lily said crossly. 
Ivy smirked. "Anyway, I suggested we hang out and maybe try to recreate that moment." 
Lily shook her head, smiling at her crazy sister.

The two changed quickly before revisiting the snack compartment for some coffee. It was all they'd been drinking over the summer. Then as they made their way back to the compartment and Lily hovered awkwardly outside Snape's compartment. When he noticed Lily hovering, he turned his head sharply away from the window. She was not welcome anymore. Ivy noticed the awkward exchange but didn't pester. It was clearly something personal.

Upon reaching the compartment, Lily banged on the door. "Is everyone decent?" She called.
She could hear James and Sirius laughing. 
"Why don't you come in and see for yourself?" One of them challenged. 

Lily rolled her eyes and the pair heard a meek "All clear!" 
That was Peter.

The scene that greeted the twins on their arrival was like something out of a film. Books, shoes, ties, chocolate wrappers and even someone's underwear were scattered all over the compartment. Remus was sat in the corner of the compartment, flicking absent-mindedly through a book. Peter was attempting in vain to collect up his belongings while James and Sirius leapt around the compartment with ties around their heads, brandishing wooden rulers like swords.
"Why is it that when I leave for a couple of minutes, all hell breaks loose?" Lily questioned.

"Someone's trunk was dangerously overflowing and when the lid opened, everything flew out," Remus told Lily.
Lily shook her head. "I bet it was Sirius' trunk." She said. 
"Being this uniquely fantabulous requires a lot of effort, my dear Evans!" Sirius said proudly, flinging his arms out with a flourish. 

Lily rolled her eyes and snatched the rulers off the pair before setting them to cleaning up Sirius' belongings. Ivy sat beside Remus, peering over his shoulder to see his book.
"What are you reading?" She asked.

"Re-reading Hogwarts: A History," Remus said. "It's become somewhat of a tradition between your sister and me."

Hours passed. Those hours were filled with some extremely strange games, including a strange game of exploding snap between James and Sirius, an even stranger game of wizard chess between Lily and Remus, and a downright weird game of spin the bottle, featuring some weird dares. For example, Sirius dared Ivy to kiss either him or Peter. Obviously, to annoy Sirius even further, she kissed Peter, who blushed scarlet. Sirius then dared Remus to kiss Lily which James was not happy about, resulting in Sirius ending up with a broken nose.

"We're here!" Lily shouted.
Finally!

* * *

Upon entering the great hall, everyone, as usual, was extremely excited to be back at Hogwarts.

Five of the six made their way to the Gryffindor table where they sat on the side closest to the teacher's table, at Lily's insistence obviously. Ivy waited anxiously in the entrance hall with the first years in preparation for sorting. 

Remus chatted with Lily for a while before McGonagall walked in, Ivy and the first years in tow. Ivy, being the eldest, and obviously not a first year, stepped up first and sat gingerly on the rickety three-legged stool.

McGonagall placed the sorting hat on her head and the hat began to speak. 

"Mh, a wise one indeed. You'd do well in Ravenclaw. Your mind is cunning and your brilliance would be well rewarded in Slytherin. However, there are deeper desires in your heart than somewhere to fit in. You long to truly belong. You long to be with those you know, perhaps those you may come to love. So there can be only one choice. Gryffindor!"

Hearing this, Ivy jumped off the stool and ran to the Gryffindor table where she sat beside Lily, hugging her tightly.

After the sorting ceremony for the first years, the feast began and Ivy ate her food along with the rest of her friends. Then the food disappeared and Dumbledore stood up to talk.

"Welcome back to another wonderful year at Hogwarts. Remember the forbidden forest is forbidden to everyone. First years if you would stay in the great hall as well as house prefects. And for those of you who don't know yet, James Potter and Lily Evans are head boy and girl this year."

Everyone clapped and cheered and Dumbledore smiled.

By the time second years and up were gone, all who remained in the great hall were, Lily, James, Remus, Snape, one extremely blonde Slytherin girl, two prefects from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, the entire first-year class and Ivy.

"Now first years before you follow your house prefects to your houses, I thought you should know who they are. For Slytherin, Severus Snape and Jenny Morris. For Ravenclaw, Emilie Francis and Jake Lewis. For Hufflepuff, Katie Grey and Luke Thomas. And finally, for Gryffindor, Remus Lupin and Ivy Evans." McGonagall said. "And this year, the head boy and girl, both Gryffindors, are Lily Evans and James Potter."

Everyone clapped and cheered and the first years all filed into their houses and followed the prefects out of the great hall. The Slytherins were first to leave, followed by the Ravenclaws and the Hufflepuffs. Eventually, everyone that remained in the great hall was Remus, Ivy, James, Lily and the Gryffindor first years.

They all finally left. Remus and Ivy leading, followed by the first years, and James and Lily bringing up the rear.

Remus told everyone where things were as they passed. Ivy would have helped, except she knew as much as they did, which wasn't much.Upon reaching the common room, Remus stopped.
"Lily, what's the password?" He called.
"Griffin!" Came the slightly muffled response. 

All the first years hurried in. Ivy was next in line but the fat lady closed the door.
"A new student I see. What's your name?" She asked.

"Ivy Evans," Ivy replied.
"Related to Lily perhaps?" Asked the fat lady.

"Her twin sister. Older by four minutes too!" Ivy replied.
"I see you're in good hands." The fat lady observed. "Our Remus is a sweetie."
Ivy grinned as Remus blushed.
"I know." She said.