Forty Three

Jade's POV

Luke pulled away from Lauren and they stood there smiling at eachother. I looked at Lauren who snapped out of it and she looked back at me.

"This is Lu-"

"I'm Luke. I'm an old friend of Lauren's..." He smirks and bites his lip as he looks her up and down. "I'm also her ex."

"Oh that's cool." I replied as I wrapped my arm around Lauren's waist. "I'm her girlfriend."

I tried not to show the pain on my face but Luke just laughed and pulled Lauren away, causing me to lose my balance due to the quick movement but luckily Amy ran over and caught me before I fell.

"Be careful Luke, she just got out of hospital." Christina said angrily.

"Haha." He laughed. "You got into a fight because someone stole your candy? Huh Kid?"

"Luke." Lauren warned and he raised his hands up.

"I'm joking."

"If you must know, she saved Lauren from being hit by a car." Dani said and his eyes widened and quickly hugged Lauren.

I wasn't jealous, they were obviously exes for a reason, but I didn't like how he acted like they hadn't broken up.

"Who could hurt you?" He gently stroked her cheek and she leaned into his touch.

I felt my heart slowly breaking, why was she showing him so much affection?

Lisa walked over to me and gave me half a smile as she wrapped her arms around me in a hug.

"Why is she doing that?" I whispered.

"I'll explain everything outside. The girls will keep an eye on him."

She pulled me outside gently and leaned me up against the wall.

"Obviously that's her ex...But he wasn't any good for her. She couldn't see how badly he treated her because she was so into him. He cheated, she forgave him. Twice. He...Nevermind. He moved away but Lauren promised to wait for him. That if one day he came back...They'd be together again."

I fell to my knees, not caring if I popped a stitch. Not caring about the pain. All I could feel was the pain in my heart. She was going to leave me for him.

I looked up into the window to see him leaning in and I couldn't bare to watch. I stood up slowly and walked away. Not back home, I just walked and walked.

I heard footsteps behind me and I looked over my shoulder slightly to see Lisa following me.

"I want to be alone."

"No way, I'll give you space. I won't talk to you, but I'm gonna follow you to make sure nothing bad happens to you. You just got out of hospital. You should go home before your parents get back."

I sigh and carry on walking, eventually ending up at the park. The first thing I see is a couple kissing by the swings and all I want is for that to be Lauren and I...But that's over now.

I turn around to face Lisa but instead I come face to face with Ellie.

"Hi."