Six

Jade's POV

We were currently sitting on the grass, watching the children play and sometimes seeing the couples steal a kiss. I rolled my eyes at the PDA I hate when people to do that. Showing off that they're happy and in love whilst some of us are single...And sometimes miserable but not me. I'm single and happy.

Lauren and Dani were taking silly selfies and I watched as they would start laughing. It made me smile.

Katherine and Christina were both reading a book, whilst Amy just layed there looking at the clouds and Lisa...She was looking at me.

I look away feeling myself become nervous.

"Hey, Jade. Get in this one with us." Dani says pulling me by my shirt closer towards them, I lose my balance and fall on Lauren's lap.

I quickly sit up really embaressed, but they just laugh it off.

"Here, get in the middle." Lauren says shuffling to the side to make room for me.

Dani sticks her tongue out and Lauren rests her head on my shoulder, sticking her tongue out too and I just stare at the phone and raise my eyebrows.

"Geez, you doing that makes it look like we're crazy and you're ashamed to be near us." Dani says.

"I love being with you guys...You've been better friends to me in two days than my other friends have been in all the years I've known them."

"We'll never be like your friends. I can make that promise for everyone." Lisa says knee walking closer to me and holding my hands.

"Thanks." I say and she smiles before hugging me.

She pulls away and turns around so her back is facing me and she moves herself so she's sitting crossed legged and she rests her back on me. I wrap my arms around her shoulders and for the next five minutes we all sit in a comfortable silence...Until Lauren spots a dog.

"No no no." She says quickly and stands up.

"Calm down Lauren." I say and gently push Lisa away and stand up next to Lauren.

The biggish dog starts running towards us and Lauren starts freaking out. I wrap my arm around her waist and push her behind me. The dog stops in front of me and I kneel down and hold my hand out and watch as it sniffs my hand and wags its tail before licking me.

"Sorry!" Someone shouts running over to us. "Sorry." They say again as they attatch the lead to it's collar.

I stand up slowly and my jaw drops as I look into the most beautiful green eyes I have ever seen.

"Sorry." She says again.

"It...It's fine." I reply.

I turn around to see Lauren in tears and I wrap my arms around her in a tight hug.

"Is she alright?"

"She's scared of dogs." Christina says.

"I didn't think he'd run off, I really am sorry."

"It's fine...Just please don't let it happen again." Lauren whimpers and pulls away from me.

The girl nods her head and holds her hand out.

"Nice to meet you." She says and I shake her hand.

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Jade. And that's Dani, Lauren, Katherine, Christina, Amy and Lisa." I say pointing to each girl as I say their name.

"Cool." She pauses and smiles looking me right in the eyes. "I'm Ellie."