Thirty Nine

Lauren's POV

I did it. I finally kissed her. We kissed!! I can't believe it. This is all I've wanted for a long time, now maybe we can make it official.

"So.." I say once I finally pull away. "Does this mean we're dating?"

"You haven't even asked me..." Jade replies.

I laugh and sit on her bed, I grab her hands gently and hold them. She locks our fingers together and I smile.

"Jade, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." She replies and I feel my heart leap. I kiss her hands and she smiles...Just not a smile I'm used to seeing. "What's wrong?"

She glances to her Mom and lets out a sigh.

"I'll give you some privacy." And with that her Mom walks out of the room and leaves us alone.

"We're moving back to England, but I won't let that stop us from being together. You're all I've wanted since I got here and I refuse to let distance get between us. I know there isn't much of an us right now but I'm not giving up on us." She says once her Mom has left.

She's moving...All I can feel is my heart breaking and the tears threatning to pour from my eyes..But what she said, is how I feel.

She hisses in pain and I watch as she sits up a bit more and leans closer to me. I shuffle closer and place my forhead against hers. "I'm not giving up on us either. Yes, it will be hard but if you want something so bad you gotta fight for it and once you got it...You can't let it go. I can't let you go. I won't."

She grabs my chin gently inbetween her finger and thumb and gently strokes it with her thumb. "You're such an amazing girl Lauren. You're perfect in every way...All those other girls don't matter to me anymore...None of them. Only you, I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You'll never have to find out because I'm here to stay. Forever. Nothing will stop me from being with you and being yours."

She leans in slowly and as we kiss I can't help but feel so much love for this girl, but it's a little soon to be saying I love you.

I don't care about distance. All I care about is her and no matter where she is in the world my heart will always belong to her. She will always be the girl I want. She will always be the one for me.