Thirty Eight

Jade's POV

The girls stand and allow my Mother to sit down and have some time alone. She holds my hand and gently strokes it with her thumb. I can tell she's been crying and I understand why. But what I don't understand is why isn't my Dad here?

"Mum?"

"Yes darling?" She asks smiling.

I shuffle myself slightly, trying to get comfortable but I wince as a sharp pain gathers around my stomach.

It wasn't like my dream where Lauren had a broken arm and a cut on her stomach. Hers was a small but deep cut. Mine...Mine wasn't that deep but it was long. Almost a line across my stomach. It still needed stitches and I also got a small cut on my shoulder but that shouldn't leave a scar.

My arm isn't broken, just covered in cuts and bruises. My forhead has a small one but I'll be able to cover that with my hair...If I don't have it up.

"You need to stop moving around a lot. You might pop one of your stitches and trust me that isn't nice." My Mum says as squeezes my hand gently.

"How would you know? You've never had stitches."

"I have. When I gave birth to you, you ripped my va-"

"OKAY. NO NEED FOR DETAILS." I yell.

"Shhh. Talk quieter." My Mum scolds. "Anyways, what's wrong?"

"Where's Dad?"

I watch as she shifts around a little nervously in her seat. She places her other hand on top of our hands that already being held and she gives me a small smile.

"He's packing."

"P-Packing?!"

She nods her head slowly and scoots closer to me. "Ever since we've moved here and you've been hanging around with those girls...They've brought you nothing but trouble."

"That's not true!!"

"Yes it is. First Ellie, now this. Maybe next time you'll end up dead if you stay here."

"MUM!"

"Do NOT raise your voice at me. We're moving back to England and that's final. Understood?" She says sternly.

"I don't want to go back!"

"I thought that's what you wanted, you kicked a big fuss up about it."

"I know...I did want that at one point...But that was before..."

I sigh and look down, I've never said it out loud before but I feel something for Lauren. I wouldn't call it love but I do have feelings for her and losing her would hurt. Alot. I don't wanna lose her, I don't wanna lose any of the girls.

"Before what?" My Mum asks furrowing her eyebrows confused.

"I..I like Lauren." I say quietly.

"What was that? I didn't hear you."

I closed my eyes and let out a shaky breath.

"I like Lauren." I say louder. "More than a friend."

I look up to see my Mum smiling and I feel like I'm about to cry, getting that off my chest feels better...But it'd feel better if I had told Lauren...But I can't. I'm too scared.

"You like me?"

I look up to see Lauren stood at the door, her sisters stood behind her smiling.

"I.."

I keep my eyes on her as she walks over to me quickly. I hear my Mum push the chair back and Lauren stands next to my bed and takes my hand.

"Do you like me?" She asks quietly.

"I..Uh...Uh..." I turn my attention to the door to see the rest of the girls nodding their heads and smiling. I cough slightly and sit up. Trying to feel confident with my answer. "Yes. I do."

She smiles and gently cups my face before she leans in and presses her lips against mine. I can't believe this is happening. My eyes close and I wrap my arms around her waist, one because I want to hold her and two to make sure she doesn't fall on me.

I felt myself get lost in the moment and I soon felt dread wash over me..Nothing could come of this. We were moving. Moving back to England. Moving away from these amazing girls. Moving away from Lauren.