Eight

Jade's POV

We were currently walking back home, we had just been to watch Finding Dory and it was really good.

"You won't forget about me will you?" She asks looking down as we walk.

"I can't forget you. I've watched you on YouTube for a long time, we also
live next door to eachother. It would be hard to forget you. Not that I want to."

"You know just the right things to say." She laughs and pushes me slightly.

"Hey!" I say and push her back.

That's how the rest of the walk home goes, just us talking and messing around. I feel my phone vibrate and I quickly unlock it to see a text. I get really excited until I see it's from Lisa. I wanted it to be from someone back in England...Oh well.

"Who is it?" Lauren asks.

"Lisa, she wants to know where we are."

As I'm about to text her back, I hear yelling. I turn around to see the other girls running towards us and shouting our names.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Christina yells at us once she reaches us. "You didn't tell any of us where you were going. Something could have happend!"

"Relax, it's only four in the afternoon." Lauren says calmly.

"No. No we will not relax. We were worried about you!" Lisa says clearly mad.

"We're both sixteen! We can take care of ourselves. You don't give me freedom to go out. You're my sisters. Not Mom or Dad. Just back off!"

I feel like this is my fault they're arguing, if I hadn't of started a conversation with Ellie, this wouldn't have happend...But Ellie seemed like such a cool girl. I was only being friendly, which honestly surprised me I'm not one to talk so confidently.

"I'm gonna go for a walk...Sorry about this." I say before walking away ignoring the girls when they told me to come back.

This reminded me of...Of someone I cared about so much but she left me...Just like everyone else does.

I send a quick text to my Mum telling her I would be home in about an hour. I noticed she's read it straight away but no reply. That's odd, she always replies. I turn my phone off so I don't get disturbed. I just want to think in peace.

As I'm walking, I notice someone sat on a bench stroking a dog. As I walk closer a small smile creeps onto my face.

"Ellie."

She looks up and smiles at me.

"Hey...Jade?" She says as a question.

"That's right. What's your dogs name?"

"Norman."

"Norman Reedus." I chuckle and her smile grows.

"You like The Walking Dead?"

"Yeah!"

She stands up and Norman begins to wag his tail.

"What you doing then?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Just about to head home." She says as she attaches Norman's lead to his collar.

"I'll walk with you." I offer and she nods her head and we begin to walk in the direction of her home.

"How long have you been here?" I ask her.

"About two weeks now." She turns her head to look at me. "You got here today?"

"No, I got here yesterday, but it feels like much longer." I laugh.

"I refused to leave the house, I wanted to go back home, I miss my friends but after today...I'm not so sure."

"Why's that?" I ask her and she just remains quiet. "Okay then.."

I didn't realise how far the park was, we carried on walking for what felt like thirty minutes.

"Who do you think Negan killed?" I ask her.

"Hopefully Abraham."

We continue to talk about The Walking Dead until she stops in front of a house.

"This is me." She says and takes Norman's lead off and opens the gate for him to run inside the garden.

"Oh wow." I mumble.

"You alright?" She asks.

"We're neighbours." I say and point to my house with my head.

"Amazing." She says and grabs her phone. "Put your number in?"

"Okay." I say and carefully take her phone from her hand and put my number in and hand the phone back to her.

"Let's hang out soon." She says as she wraps her arms around me in a hug which catches me by surprise.

She pulls away and walks into her garden and to her door, she turns around and waves to me and I wave back.

She goes inside her house and I turn around to walk back to mine.

"JADE!"

I turn around to see Lauren,Lisa and Dani running towards me.

"Jade." Lauren says and wraps her arms around me and I quickly wrap mine around her. "We've been looking for you. You weren't replying to mine or Lisa's texts and we thought something happend." Lauren pulls away and wipes her eyes, she had been crying.

"I turned my phone off, I wanted to think about things and then I found Ellie and I walked her home which is that one." I say pointing to Ellie's house.

"You were with her." Lauren sighs and walks past me, walking straight to her house.

The other two give me small smiles before following Lauren and I watch them leave, so what I was with Ellie? I told Lauren that I wouldn't abandon her so what's her problem.

I groan in annoyance before walking through the gate that leads to my house and through the door.

My eyes widen and a gasp escspes my mouth as I see the mess in front of me.

Broken pieces of plates and glass is scattered around.

"Mum." I yell not moving. "Dad!"

Mum comes rushing through and my eyes land on her hands, they're covered in blood.

"What happend?" I ask my eyes filling with tears.