I Miss You

(I'm pretending that Frozen was set in the same time period as The Rise of the Guardians, but Arendelle hasn't adapted to the modern world yet)

Jack's POV:

I sat at the same bay window that I sat at when Sandy first died. My thoughts on that amazing woman that I met a month ago- Elsa.

I didn't hear the flutter of wings as I was too occupied with my thoughts. I didn't hear the tinkling of Sandy's voice, the soft thuds of Bunny hopping, or the squeak of rubber boots on the floor. I was too deep in my thoughts to hear the other guardians walk up to me.

"Jack!" They all yelled at once, causing me to jump and fall on the floor.

I look up as I hear them all start to laugh and I grumble as I get up from the floor.

"What did you guys yell at me for?" I ask them.

"We've been trying to your attention for a while Jack," Tooth says gently. "But you were too lost in thought to hear us."

"Sorry," I mutter. "I just have a lot on my mind."

"Well that's deadset," Bunny agrees. "Want to tell us what was on your mind?"

"A girl," I sigh, my mouth twitching into a small smile.

"Well, she must have been something for her to have caught your attention," Santa chuckles.

"She was," I say.

A tinkling sound follows and I turn to look at Sandy, images flash by above his head. They are always too fast for me to follow.

"Sorry Sandy but I'm not following," I apologize.

"He was asking about her," Tooth translates. "Like her name? Age? What caught your eye? If you're going to see her again?"

"Her name is Elsa," I start. "I don't know how old she is, didn't ask. Her hair is what caught my attention, it was snow white like mine. And no."

"What do you mean no mate?" Bunny asks.

"No, I'm not going to see her again," I say regretfully.

"But why?" Tooth questions.

"Just what Tooth said," Santa says. "Your mind is still on her, so why?"

"The man in the moon said so," I explain. "He said I had to leave her."

"But he didn't say that you couldn't go back," Bunny notes.

"I know, but I still can't," I say.

"Why?" Tooth whines.

"She's mortal and I'm not," I say, explaining my own reasons. "I can't sit back and watch her have no future with me."

"But you miss her?" Santa states.

"Yes," I whisper as I look back out the window.