Broken Heart

Elsa's POV:

I watch as the cell ices over. I look out at the storm that is devastating Arendelle, but then I hear the guards approaching.

"She's dangerous," I hear one say. "Move quickly and with resolve."

My heart starts to race and I pull at my shackles, they crack. And just as the door busts open, the weight of the ice crumbles the walls. I take that as my chance and I run out into the storm.

I struggle through the storm that I've cursed Arendelle with, but fear slowly consumes me. I don't see the dark shadow approaches me.

"Elsa," I hear Hans say, I look up to see him standing a few feet away. "You can't run from this!"

"Just take care of my sister," I tell him while I back away.

"Your sister?" He asks incredulously. "She returned from the mountain weak and cold. She said you froze her heart."

"What?" I respond, surprised. "No."

"I tried to save her," he continues. "But it was too late. Her skin was ice. Her hair turned white...

My face sinks as I realize what has happened.

"Your sister is dead...," He finally says. "Because of you."

I drop to my knees, sobs racking my body. And with that, the swirling storm suddenly stops. The snow freezes mid-air, hangs suspended, trapped in grief. Citizens and dignitaries rush to the wall's edge and look out to see...but I barely notice them.

Anna.

"Kristoff," I hear a broken whisper of my sister, but I write it off as grief.

"Anna," comes a relieved sigh from someone that sounds familiar, but I still don't look up.

You're just imagining it.

I hear the sound of metal but my heart is too broken to care.

"Elsa," comes a pained whisper of my sister.

STOP IT!

"No!" I hear her shout.

I feel a force blow past me and I look up to see my sister standing behind me, frozen solid.

"Anna!" I yell as I rush over to her, gently cupping her frozen face. "Oh, Anna...no...no, please no."

"Anna?" Questions Olaf.

I collapsed against my sister, sobs escaping my lips. No one else says anything, it's silent. I see citizens and dignitaries on the castle walls bow their heads out of the corner of my eye. All of Arendelle was joined in somber silence. Joining their Queen in her lost.