Coronation Day

Elsa's POV:

It's been a month since I've seen Jack. He fills my thoughts every second of the day. The one person I can never hurt, gone.

It's Coronation Day. The day I become queen. 

I wish he was here.

I quickly shake my head at the thoughts that cross my head. 

No, he's the last thing that should be on your mind right now. Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know.

 I walk towards my bedroom door when my stomach twists. I quickly rush to the bathroom and puke up everything that I'd eaten this morning.

You could always delay it. No! A queen does whatever is needed, no matter her condition.

I quickly walk out my bathroom and soon my bedroom. And I'm out in the hallway. I look left and right. Curious of the walls that surround me. It's been so long that I barely recognize them. 

"Tell the guards to open up the gates, " I order the staff.

I watch from the windows as my sister rushes out of the castle and into the village. I smile softly at the bright smile that is painted on her face. I walk dutifully towards the ceremony room, towards my future.

Soon she'll asked to be married. Ask for a way out of the world of loneliness that I threw her into. My smile slowly fades as I realize that I would have to hide from more people. I would have to keep more people safe.

As I enter the ceremony room, everybody rises. I walk towards the initiator and wait as he speaks all those political words that I didn't bother to remember.

I'm about to reach for the royal scepter and orb when the initiator mutters, "Your highness, your gloves."

I breathe in deeply and gently take off my gloves.

Conceal, don't feel.

I gently pick up the royal items and turn towards the people. I watch in fear as the royal scepter and orb are slowly covered in icicles.

Conceal, don't feel.

As soon as the last words of the initiation is said, I put the scepter and orb back were they belong. Away from me, and I slip my gloves back on.

Everybody cheers. I just give everyone a tight smile.

I'm finally queen.