Elsa's Birthday

Jack's POV:

Elsa and I have been together for almost eight months now. Eight months of happiness. Eight months of kisses. Eight months of hugs. Eight months together with our son. Eight months as a family. 

And I've come to realize there is only one explanation for everything I feel when I'm around her. I can't stop thinking about her. The butterflies. 

I'm in love with her.

And I plan on telling her later tonight. As it is her birthday today, I thought that a night in with Christian and I would be better after whatever party that she has to have with the the kingdom.

Currently I'm playing with Christian, watching him throw his teething ring and crawl after it. He's started to crawl about half a month ago and he's become more vocal with each passing day. I smile as he looks up at me with a smile of accomplishment as he holds up he's teething ring in victory. 

I don't know how much time has passed but soon Elsa comes in looking exhausted.

"Party finally over?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Yes," She exclaims. "And now all I want to do is sleep."

I chuckle and open my arms to her. She smiles and instantly bounds down into them, sitting on my lap. She snuggles her head into the crook of my neck and sighs in content.

"This is so much better than that stuffy party," She admits.

I smile and watch her eyes follow Christian's every movement across the floor.

"I got something for you," I whisper in her ear.

"What?" She puzzled.

I reach into my jeans pocket and pull out a small bag. I place it on her lap and watch as she lifts it carefully. Curiosity in her eyes, she opens it and gasps looking up at me.

"I'm not proposing," I inform her, taking to ring from the bag and placing it on the ring finger of her left hand. "I'm promising. I'm promising that one day, I will get the courage to admit every thought I've had, every feeling I've felt and every moment that I love about you and ask you to be mine forever."

Tears stream gently down her face as she cupped my face. She slowly brought her lips to mine.

"I love you," She whispers as she pulled away.

I smile broadly at her words and kiss her passionately.

"I love you, too," I reply as soon as we pull away for air.