Anniversary

Jack's POV:

I watched as Elsa gently rocked Christian to sleep. 

Today must have been exacting for the little man.

As I watched his eyes gently close, I remembered the laughter and smiles that happened earlier today. I chuckle softly at the memory of Christian falling asleep while eating his cake.

"He's down," Elsa whispers, shaking me out of my thoughts.

I look over to see her gently placing him in his crib and kissing his forehead. I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her waist from behind.

"Where are we going?" She asks quietly, craning her neck to look up at me.

"That is for me to know and for you to find out," I reply as I grab her hand and drag her out of Christian's room.

She says nothing more and let's me continue to drag her around the castle. I stop in front of her door and take a deep breath.

"Close your eyes," I say as I turn to look at her.

"Why?" She questions, reaching around to open the door.

"Because," I state as I smack her hand away from the doorknob. "It's a surprise."

She rolls her eyes but closes them anyway. Keeping my eyes on her face, I reach behind me and turn the handle. I slowly walk into the room, pulling Elsa gently along. I quickly walk around her, placing my hands on her closed eyelids, making sure she doesn't peek. I close the door and kiss her on top of her head.

"Now you can look," I whisper as I pull my hands away.

I hear her gasp and can only imagine her eyes widening at the sight in front of her. Her room is filled with candles, flowers, and twinkling fireflies. In the center of the room is a small table with a black and white plaid cloth covering it. The table is set for two, with a small bouquet of blue and white roses in a vase in the center if it. To the side of the table is a another table filled with plates after plates of different foods and one covered dish.

"Jack," she murmurs, turning around to look up at me. "It's beautiful."

"I tried," I state nonchalantly.

"But why here?" She asks, clearly confused as to why we're in her bedroom.

"It's where we first met," I answer her while placing my hand against her cheek. "And I wanted to spend our first anniversary in the same spot that we first met."

She nods quickly, a small smile on her lips.

I lead her over to the table, pulling her chair out for her and pushing her back in when she's settled. 

I've got to do it now or I'll chicken out.

I go over to the covered plate and set it in front of her.

"Open it," I tell her, nerves coursing through me. 

As soon as her attention is completely on the covered dish in front of her, I quickly get down onto one knee. She slowly raises the dome, almost dropping it when she sees what's inside. Inside sat two cupcakes, one decorated with a question.

"Jack?" She whispers, turning to look at me.

Her hand flies to her mouth as soon as she sees me. I gently take her other hand in between mine.

"Elsa," I start. "I first saw you here, in this room, and I couldn't get you out of my head afterwards. You haunted me for months. And I didn't return. Which will always be my living regret. That I didn't return for you. But I returned for our son. And soon I found myself falling in love with who you became and who you are. And I can never imagine spending another moment without you it. I love you. Elsa, will you marry me?"

"Yes," She cries as she throws herself at me, crushing her lips to mine.