It's Time

8 months later

Elsa's POV:

Laughter filled the room. Paint covered traps lined the floor. Wet paint covered the walls.

"Elsa," Anna giggled, light blue paint dripping down one side of her face. "This looks amazing."

"You look like a beautiful canvas as well," I reply, a smirk covering my face.

She giggles but turns back to the snowy landscape that we painted on the wall.

"This was such an amazing idea," I tell her.

"Thank you," She whispers as she crouches down to my extremely pregnant stomach, putting one hand on it. " I just thought it would be a good way to show the baby that her powers aren't something to shy away from."

"Him," I correct. "But you're right."

"Well I believe that I'm going to be the aunt of a niece," She states once again.

"Well I believe I'm going to give birth to a son," I counter once again.

"It's your fault that we're having this argument again," She responds. "You wanted to be surprised."

"You can decide what you want when you get pregnant," I retort. "But I don't want to know what the baby will be, because I'll be happy no matter what it is."

She just sighs and goes over to the table in the middle of the room, on which sits a notepad that contains a checklist for everything that needs to be done before the baby is born.

"So all that is left is to bring in everything that we bought and set it up," She states.

"Yup," I confirm.

"And of course tell Arendelle," She says.

"No!" I practically shout.

"Why not?" She demands. "Why haven't you told anyone about the baby besides the doctor and I?"

"Because," I mumble.

"Because why?" She asserts.

"Because of what they will think," I express. "They won't understand, Anna. I'm queen. I'm supposed to be married before I even think of giving the country heirs. I'm supposed to be pure before I'm married. And I've screwed up. I was the one that had sex. I was the one that got knocked up. And Arendelle will hate me for it."

"Elsa...," She whispers.

"Please, Anna," I beg. "Just keep this secret."

She nods and looks over at me. I shakily smile and start to walk out the door. I freeze as I feel a warm liquid go down my legs.

"Anna," I call, slowly turning to look over at her, seeing that she is checking over the list one more time.

"What is it?" She asks, not looking up at me.

"My water broke," I shakily say.

"Oh, how nice.." She freezes and snaps her head in my direction. She glances down at the puddle that has formed at my feet and her eyes widen. She rushes to the door and yells down the hall, "Somebody tell the royal doctor that Queen Elsa is ready."

"Yes, Princess," Comes a reply.

Anna looks over at me and smiles while walking towards me. 

"It's time," She chimes as she takes my hands.

It's time