Wedding

Jack's POV: 

3 months later

It was a beautiful day, much in thanks to Anna and Elsa's planning. The dreaded moment was coming near though. I shook out my hands and pulled at the knot of my tie, trying to loosen. I couldn't slow my breathing as I waited for my bride to be to come down the aisle.

I'm soon shaken out of my thoughts as the music came on, alerting everyone that the ceremony is starting. The guardians that were sitting off to one side rose, along with Elsa's friends that sat on the other. I watched as Anna slowly came down the aisle. I looked down as she stood next to where Elsa would be in a few moments and took a deep breathe. I looked up a second later to see Elsa start walking down the aisle. A huge smile swept over my face.

She looks beautiful.

I didn't realize that I was holding my breathe until the minister motioned that that the guests could return to their seats. Taking a deep breathe I noticed that Elsa's hands shook as she handed Anna her bouquet. I took one of her hands, hoping to infuse a sense of calm into her. She squeezed my hand lightly.

"The couple has decided to write their own vows to share with us." The minister said as he nodded and I took both of Elsa's hands in my own and stared into her bright blue eyes.

"Elsa, from the moment I saw you in your room two years ago, I knew that we were one in the same. Lost souls that wanted to be loved, to be seen. You saw me." I winked at her, and there were chuckles among the guardians. "I saw you. And with your very existence, you have changed me forever. So I promise my heart, soul and body to you. I, Jack Frost, take you Elsa Frost, to be my lawfully wedded wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner, my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in everything, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live."

A tear rolled down Elsa's cheek and there was silence all around. The minister made a clearing sound in his throat. Still she stood silent.

"Elsa," I said, squeezing her hands softly. "It's your turn."

When she didn't move, I moved in closer.

"Did you change your mind?" I whispered in her ear.

She snapped her out of her daze as a shiver racked her body.

"Sorry," she said breathlessly. 

She turned back to look at Anna and I noticed a smug smile that graced Anna's face, as she handed Elsa a piece of paper. Elsa took her hands from my own as she took it and unfolded it. Then taking just one of my hands, she held the paper in her free shaking hand.

"Jack," She cleared her throat to proceed. "When I first learned I was going to write my own vows, I panicked. I looked at the paper for hours, no words coming to mind. Because, in all honesty, there is no way to describe the way I feel about you. From the moment I met you, I was changed. For the first time I wanted someone's attention on me. The first thing I noticed about you was your amazing good looks, and your striking eyes. But it was your kindness, your attentiveness, and your sincerity, that made me fall in love with you. Although that is a poor way of saying it. Because, there are no words that encompass they way I feel about you. I give you my body, heart, and soul. I have no use for them anyway without you. I, Elsa Frost, take you Jack Frost to be my beloved husband, to have and to hold you, to honor you , to treasure you, to be at your side in sorrow and in joy, in good times, and in the bad, and to love and cherish you always. I promise you this, from my heart, for all of the days of our lives."

By the end of her vows, tears were falling freely down Elsa's cheeks, while tears were also glistening in mine. Before the minister could continue with the ceremony, I grabbed Elsa around her waist, smashing or lips together. As we kissed, I could feel all of the love and sweetness our words had earlier shown. 

I didn't take notice of the minister's attitude until I heard the words that sealed our marriage, "I now pronounce you man and wife. Keep doing what you're doing."

God, I'm the luckiest man alive.