• Chapter 48 •

A/N; TRIGGER WARNING!!! Won't specifically clarify as it is a spoiler, just letting you know ⚠️ And the song, right..."//".
———
Phillip's POV:
.......................
( A Couple Of Days Later... )

//

This training! My god! I sigh and slow down my pace, panting in my wolf form. I glance to the left with a sigh of relief and walk towards the river, lying down next to it while looking up at the thick grey clouds.

Ever since the death of Heather, I've been hiding my depression and suicidal thoughts behind of a mask of tiredness. I'm trying my hardest to turn this depression into anger by training my butt off! I even promised myself that I wouldn't let my mates death get to me when I was at a young age and to stay strong for her, but it has, it's gotten to me, and......I can no longer control my feelings.

If one slight thing reminds me of her, I sprint to my bedroom and brake down sobbing. Yeah, what a weak pathetic warrior I am, I know, I'm very aware of that! And it's pathetic how I'm not staying strong for Heather. So, glaring at the clouds, I swear on Heather and I's grave that I'll stay as strong as I can be and hunt down that Faith and rip off her head! I close my eyes and take a deep breath in, turning my head downwards. I reopen them and stand up, slowly making my way into the water.

Yeah, it's not the brightest day but the weather's out here is warm, with my fur covering my body making sweat more than it should.

I keep going until all four of my knees are in the water, then I stop, drop and roll onto my back, feeling a cool sensation go down my spine as I stare up at the sky.

Thinking about my cure for my depression and mate issues, I should chat to Cole and share to him what I've thought. Well, if he ever come out of his bedroom that is.

That's right, since he has stepped foot into that bedroom, he hasn't stepped out. He hasn't let anyone into his bedroom, he hasn't replied or answered his missed call or texts, he also doesn't listen to the Alpha and Luna when they order him to come out. But tonight, a couple of us are gonna brake in. Yep, it's rather we smash the door down or shatter one of his windows. Or, he could opens the door for us, but I highly doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon.

Maybe I should stop training now and go visit Cole. There's only 10 more minutes until training ends AND I've done a lot more training than anyone else here......well, besides the Luna. She has the ability to throw the Alpha across the room. I wish I was joking. And, I'm sure the Alpha and Luna won't mind me doing this.

Hopefully not the Luna anyway, or else I'll be thrown across that room soon enough. I stand up from the water and prance over to land, shaking off the water. Just in case, before I go and miss out on the rest of training, I'll mind link the Alpha and ask him. Cause one way or another, he'll find out. He's an alpha for crying out load!

"Alpha? It's Phillip here" I called out, waiting for his response. "Hey Phillip, what are you up to?".

"I was taking a short brake from training by the river. I was just thinking and an idea grew to help me get stronger and better from the.....the Heather insistent. I want to go share it with Cole, maybe it'll persuade him to come back out".

"Well......I suppose it's alright. There's only 7 more minutes until training ends for the day. You may go, I'll be at the front of Cole's bedroom door with you in a tick". "Plan, thank you Alpha".

"You're welcome, I put SOO much effort into that plan". "How are you my Alpha?" "Why has everyone been saying that lately? Have I lost my strength or something?"

"No no no, I'm not saying that in a bad way. You're just more childish, striving and positive than you use to be though out the years I've known you". "The mate effect I suppose".

"Yeah.....t-the mate effect". "Oh gosh, no! I'm sorry Phillip, I didn't-". "It's fine En- Alpha. I-It's fine".

"Look bro I-.....I'll see you in a tick". "Alright".

And in a second, that uncomfortable connection snapped in half. I then whimpered a bit, lowering my head. I remember the seconds I felt the effect of pure happiness when Heather and I- No Phillip! Stop it! Stop torturing yourself!

Be strong! Be strong for you! Be strong for Heather! I raise my head up high and take a deep breath of fresh air, clearly the negative into positive and vengeance. Well, at least I thought it was fresh air. God damn Cole's scent was filling up my nostrils. Wait, Cole!

He must of left his room and entered the forest for a run! Hopefully he'll be feeling better. He must be if he came out of his room! I snap my head towards the scent and swiftly start sprinting that direction, entering the forest. Thanks to my wolf senses, I can JUST tell he's in his human form.

Huh? I wonder what he's doing in the forest in- Oh no. Please don't tell me. Please!

I quicken my pace, worry overflowing me as I dodge the broken off branches and thick hard trees, with the scent becoming closer and closer I yelped in surprise as a light yet string body swings at me, hitting me with a large impact that sends me flat on my back.

And yes, the body didn't ram or tackle me, it SWANG at me! I glance up, my eyes as wide as apples as my jaw hits the ground. I quickly shrink down into human form, stumbling up.

"NOO! COLE!" I screech, running over to him. I climb up the tree he's hanging off the rip the rope off around his neck, slicing it in half like paper. His lifeless body drops to the ground as I swiftly land...I drop down to my knees beside him and shake his shoulders.

"No no no no Cole! Come on Cole! No no no" I say, my voice cracking as I feel two tears roll down my face. But I knew it was too late, with Cole's face as pale as a ghost and with his figure as skinny as a stick, smelling a putrid scent coming from him and seeing every inch of his bones.
———
A/N; ....