Chapter 21 - Part 2 - The Masquerade Party

Chapter 21 - [Part 2] - The masquerade party 

 Just make sure you don't have too much fun without me, you know how much I'm going to miss you babe." Harry complained to me over the phone as I got ready.

 I fixed a few curls in my hair, "Don't worry, I won't. I'll miss you too, but I've got to get going now babe, I love you."

"Alright, I love you too, and have fun." Harry replied back

"Thanks, I will, bye." I put my phone off speaker and did the final things before I ran late.

I placed the earrings on that I had received from Zayn onto my ears and was finally done getting ready. Hopefully this would be enough for a masquerade party. I didn't want to look too overdressed but I didn't want to look like I hadn't gotten ready at all. I put on a smile as I placed my heels on my feet. I grabbed my clutch off of my dresser and walked downstairs. I didn't even know mum and Ali were home until I heard them gasp.

"Oh my goodness, how did my baby doll ever get so beautiful." My mum said as she faked wiping a tear dripping down her face.

I laughed and let her attack me with a tight hug. "You look lovely honey." She added and kissed me on my cheek.

"Mom, why can't you ever buy me a dress like that? It's not fair that Rach gets all the good things!" Ali whined and crossed her arms.

"No love, I actually didn't buy this for her. Who did Rach?" She asked curiously.

"It was a gift from Zayn." I replied back, looking down at the lovely dress, that must of have cost loads.

"Ooooo, I think this young boy, Zayn you name may quite like my Rachel a little more than she thinks he does..." My mum teased. I was sure she really liked Harry; I really didn't know why she would say that.

"No mum, he knows I have a boyfriend. He got it for me because it’s a family tradition or something to get a gift for their partners."

My mum arched her eyebrow and stared at me. I just shrugged my shoulders annoyed. "Okay, whatever you say.." My mum mumbled still not satisfied.

There was no point in wasting time and over thinking things. Zayn was aware that I was in a happy relationship...but that wouldn't mean he wasn't allowed to like someone in a relationship. Was it possible that he--shit I was over thinking again and I didn't even realize it. My phone then vibrated on queue. It was a text from Zayn telling me to meet him outside.

This was the moment. I waved good bye to mum and Ali, then I picked up my floor length dress, my red sparkling clutch and headed outside to meet Zayn.

-------------------------------------------------

Zayn really was full of surprises for me.  It's not that I was expecting anything lavish but I thought we would be driving to a party like this in a car. Instead, he had brought his motorbike.

"Hey!" I exclaimed walking over to Zayn.

I hugged him quickly and then pulled back. He was just staring at me for a while looking at the dress then lightly shook his head finally remembering to reply. "Hey! Wow! You really look...beautiful. That dress, I saw it...but didn't know it would look so good after you put on. Boy, was I wrong."

I blushed and faced the floor. I really had no idea how to accept a compliment. "Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself."

He looked down and curled his lip in disgust. "You don't have to lie Rach, it’s alright." He put his hand out and patted my shoulder.

I laughed and shook my head, "Are you kidding? You look amazing and I'm not lying so shut up!" I really wasn't, it was nice to see him in a tuxedo and he looked dashing.