Chapter 38 - Is There Really No One ?

Chapter 38 – Is there really no one?

There were hundreds of different thoughts, different possibilities, questions, answers all running through my mind. How was I supposed to tell Danielle? What was I supposed to even say? If Danielle hadn't listened to Liam himself, then why would she even bother to listen to me? I really had no idea where I was going with this. The least I could do was try my best and do whatever I could to get Danielle to listen to me. I finally arrived at Danielle's house, and parked the car in her driveway. I sat there and took a moment to think about what I was going to say. After gaining some more confidence, I finally knocked on the door. I stood there just waiting for a while on her porch and then finally someone opened it. 

It was Danielle herself, looking as beautiful as she always did. Her curly hair was pulled up into a bun and she was dressed in her casual, comfortable clothes. Danielle forced on a smile and sweetly greeted me.  "Rachel, hi!" 

 "Hey Danielle, I was just umm… wondering if you had a moment by any chance? I really need to talk to you about something?" I shifted side to side nervously.

 Danielle nodded and welcomed me inside. 

I stepped into a colourful house that was bright and homey. It wasn’t a surprise; it completely matched Danielle’s personality. I  sat down on the couch, where Danielle led me into the living area and we were sitting across from each other.

'So, would you like anything to eat or drink anything?" Danielle kindly offered. 

I shook my head. ‘No thanks. I’m actually here for something else."

Danielle raised her eyebrows and looked more interested into the conversation now.  "Alright then, what's up?"

I took a deep breath. Hopefully this was going to go well…

 "Danielle, I know you probably don't want me being nosy and getting into all your business and stuff...but I really needed to get this out to you." 

"Go ahead Rach, I'm always listening." Danielle smiled brightly leaning in to hear what I had to say. I stared at her with pity. Danielle was just so sweet, there was no way I wanted to tell her all this and bring her back down again. After seeing her breakdown the other day, seeing her in so much pain, it was hard to take her away from her cheerful mood at the moment. Although, I knew she wasn’t exactly as happy as she seemed. Danielle was hurt on the inside. After all, she broke up with Liam. She loved him. How couldn’t she be hurting?

  "It's about Liam." I began. 

 Danielle shifted back, her smile fading into a frown. "Look, Rach I know your Liam's friend and all, but I've talked to Liam already. I know he's made a mistake, but I can't go back to being with him after he 'forgot' to tell me one of the biggest secrets in his life. I know he regrets what he's done; he's even told me the entire story of how he feels nothing for Maria anymore and their nothing more than step-brother and sister...but I just...I don't know, I can't. Trust has to be earned. I gave Liam all of my trust at one point. But after doing this, I feel like I can’t trust him again. How do I know he won’t go off with another girl again?" Danielle crossed her leg over the other and looked tense.

I moved closer and tried to sound understanding. "I know Danielle. I know it may come across that way, but trust me....Liam really does love you. I can tell by the way he looks at you, all the time. Anyone can. It’s not like he cheated on you with Maria. He was with her before he met you. It only seems like he went back with her in the pictures, but he explained that those pictures were only of him helping Maria. He was only lending her money and you know the rest. You know what he told me? He said that after he met you, right after he had left Maria, you were the one who changed his life. He was so depressed and went through such a tough time.  Maria left him heartbroken because she was meant to really be with Louis. But after he met you, he was a happy guy again. Liam described everything he felt for you to me. I can’t put them in to proper words because only the person who’s seeing him speak like that realizes. That smile on his face that shows up just at the mention of your name. You have really changed him Danielle and you have no idea how heartbroken he is inside that you've left him. I've only known him for a year, but I know him well enough to see how he feels for another girl. And that girl is you Danielle. Liam Payne is in love with you." I held Danielle's hands tightly, convincing her. I needed to make sure Danielle knew the full on truth. This had to work. Danielle had to believe me.