Chapter 19 - Louis' Big Secret.

Chapter 19 - Louis' big secret 

I heard Harry clear his throat behind me awkwardly. He stood up off of the bench and wrapped his arm around me. "Alright well I'll leave you two alone, I'll catch you later Rach." Without anyone asking, Harry realize it was his que to leave. He picked up his bag and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead. 

"Bye Harry." As he was leaving I mouthed the words "Thank You" to him, and he left with a flirty wink of assurement. 

"Okay, Louis, please. Tell me. What is wrong with you? Everyone I know is worried about you, and how could you not tell me? Whatever problem it was, you would always tell me? What has gotten in to you?" I grabbed Louis hands and continued, "Lou, tell me." 

"I know, I would never do this to you but I've gone through so much and---I'm so sorry Rach!" and then the tears streamed down his face. He wouldn't stop crying. The happy, cheerful, outgoing Louis just revealed another side of himself.  I just froze there, I had known Louis for years, but never ever saw him in this state. 

"Oh no Louis, here sit down." I gently sat Louis down with beside me on the bench. I placed my hand on his back and let him cry for a bit. He had to let it all out. Louis head rested his head on my shoulder for a while. 

"Okay, well Rach. I'm so sorry I've been avoiding you these past few days, and Niall, and Ash and Nat. I've been avoiding everybody. It's just these past two weeks have been horrible for me. I can't live like this. This week, my parents decided on breaking the news to me that they were getting...getting, a divorce." he said catching his breath and crying at the same time. 

"Oh Louis, I'm so sorr--" 

"No Rach, but there's more." He interupted, "My parents are seperating, which also means....I'm moving. I'll be living with my mum, miles away from here."

Louis just stared at me and I just stared back in shock. I was frozen and it felt like someone had punched me in the gut. This was my best friend since I was little, my older brother, he was going to leave me.

"Louis, no, why--" I couldn't even finish and broke down in tears myself. Both of us sat there crying and hugging eachother for hours and hours. We finally pulled back away from eachother and wiped our tears off.

"Are you okay Rach? I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, so many things were going on and---" 

"No Lou, I don't care you didn't tell me, what bothers me is the fact that you're leaving me. What am I supposed to do without you? Your my best friend, I need you."  l yelled shoving my face into the palms of my hands. 

Louis leaned over and hugged me again. "I know. I don't want to leave you either. You're my sister basically, we've done everything together. I can't even imagine...." He said trying to hold back his tears.

"Why do you have to move though? Why can't you live with your dad?"

"Because, my mom--she's just been weird lately. I'm 19, I'm an adult and I'm allowed to stay, but she's keeping me supervised. I begged and begged to stay, but they won't listen to me. I can't even do anything about it anymore. I've tried Rach, it's not like I lost hope the minute I found out. I fought to stay here and be with you, I fought with my own mother. But nothing is going to work. I have to leave."

I closed my eyes trying to hold back the tears, but every time he explained the situation the tears just poured out. "I don't even know what to say Louis, I feel horrible for you, for myself. First the pain of you going through the seperation of your parents and now over the fact that they're seperating you away from me? From your other friends?"

"I don't know Rach, I don't know. Somethings, are just meant to happen. Somethings that we can't do anything about." Louis' tone of voice changed...as if her were trying to hint something at me. I looked up at him. He wasn't looking down at me, just facing the floor with an awkward look. There was still something he was hiding.

"Louis, um, is there something else by any chance you're not telling me?" I  pulled back, making sure.

Louis quickly reacted and looked up protesting "No, no, theres nothing." 

I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair,"Okay Louis stop. You already know I know you too well. You've told me everything so far, you can trust me with this too. What else are you hiding? Spill, now." I demanded. This time, instead of a more sad expression, Louis looked more scared than anything. 

"Fine, but Rach, swear to god you will not tell anyone about this. Not your boyfriend, not Nat, Ash, or Niall. Please." He begged and grabbed onto my hands.

"I swear! I would never do that if you don't want me to." I replied back softly.