Chapter 24: No....

Short chapter I know but you'll all understand why it's short.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicole's POV

"Who? Who are you talking about?" Drake asked holding me tighter and I bit my lip looking up at his worried face.

"What's wrong?" Derek said and I glanced at him quickly before looking back at Drake. I then heard something scrapping, like rock against rock. I turned around but Drake grabbed my shoulder and pushed me behind him, he then started growling deeply.

"Aww look at the little puppies." I shivered at the voice, backing up in till my back hit the wall. Drake growled angrily, making the voice laugh. "Drake isn't it, nice to see you." She laughed again, I closed my eyes shaking my head, this couldn't be happening, this can't be happening.

*Is that who I think she is?*

Yes.

*Oh. My. God.*

"Nicole, shhh." Derek whispered and I felt him wrap his one arm around me. "It's ok." He added and I shook my head, how can she be one of them? This doesn't make any sense.

Drake snarled,

"Nikki," Nikki, how is that possible and what the heck is she doing here? She, she, can't possible be a freakin' Dark that's not possible.

Wait, she isn't really my cousin, though I called her that when I didn't know about my real family. So she could be a Dark, but wouldn't that make my old foster parents Darks also? No, if they were Darks they would of turned me in when they found me. But have Darks ever be with just a normal human being?

"Aww so you do remember me." Nikki said happily but I knew that she didn't mean it.

"I thought something was weird about you when I saw you." Drake said his voice deeper then normal.

"Eh, where is the wolfchild?" She asked, "Leader said that she was here." I heard Drake back up a few steps then growl.

"Beat it." Drake ordered and Nikki laughed.

"I don't think that you should say that."

"Why you going to run away crying." Drake said then chuckled quietly.

"No, I'll tell the Ranks. My daddy's one, so you know." She said,

"Hell." Drake whispered softly, and I looked up at him. What are the Ranks? "Your not lying." He added and I tensed up again.

"Now move." She demanded then I heard something click like someone about to shoot a gun. Drake took a step back then shook his head.

"No." He said, "Shoot me I don't care, your not getting my sister." He crossed his arm, I stared at him worried before standing up quickly, I moved closer to him.

"Dra-" I was cut off by a sharp terribly loud noise, I quickly stepped back as Drake stumbled back. I then grabbed his arm keeping him from falling, Derek got up and grabbed his other arm. Drake fell to the ground, groaning loudly in pain. "Drake." I said scared, he inhaled a quick breath grabbing his chest right below where his heart is.

"Crap." He gasped, he lifted his hand looking at it. "No, no, no."

"Drake, you ok?" Derek asked.

"I'm done for." He mumbled, his face was starting to get pale and I shook my head, my eyes started to water. He's kidding right, he can heal himself like he did so many times!

"No, you can't be. Heal yourself please." I begged and he shook his head lightly. Derek then moved his hand then was laying flat on his chest. "Drake, no." I cried.

"It's right next to his heart and it's too deep for me to get." Derek said worried, I glanced at him then back at Drake, he was staring at me looking sorry. I kept shaking my head, tears were going down my cheeks. I can't lose him, not now. I placed my hand on top of the one on his chest and kept thinking of the power.

"Nicole, girl look at me." Drake said too softly and I shook my head looking at him.

"Drake please don't die, please not now." I cried and he tensed up, his eyes then started to change repeatedly back and forth from silver to blue. "What's going on?" I cried looking at Derek and he's expression was blank.

"He's about gone." He whispered, I felt someone grab my hand tightly it hurt. I looked down then back up at Drake his eyes still changing. "The silver is killing him."

"Drake please don't leave, please Drake." I cried my vision blurry, I wiped my eyes but it didn't help much.

"Nicole....remember when I...... made that blood promise to... the old man?" Drake asked and I could just barely hear him, I nodded my head. "No matter what I promise to protect you, remember that, and also...." He stopped then sucked in a breath arching his back some, he then groaned painfully closing his eyes, "I...love you." He whispered still in pain.

"No, please, no." I cried holding onto his hand, his grip was loosening.

"Bye Nicole." His body relaxed as he stared up at the ceiling.

His eye's closed, and his hand suddenly felt cold.

"Drake." I choked out, still holding his lifeless hand.

"He's.....gone." Derek told me and I kept crying, "Come here." He held his arms open but I didn't move from Drake's side and kept crying tears going down my cheek. I heard him get up and then sit down behind me but I didn't move, just stayed as I was.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Derek's POV

I sat down behind her, and I was about to give her a hug when she bent over so her face was closer to Drake's face. I watched her as she kissed his cheek then pulled away falling over onto her side, shaking badly. She curled up into a ball hiding her face in her knees. I looked over at Peter, his expression was blank. He looked at me quick and then pointed up at the ceiling.

"She's gone." He said and I looked up to see no one there and the rock back in place.

"Drake." Nicole mumbled while crying and I bit my lip then moved closer to her.

"What are you doing?" Peter asked and I held my finger up to my lips telling him to be quiet.

"I'm going to give her some peace." I said then I pinched a certain nerve in her neck, she gasped before her whole body relaxed as she fell asleep. I signed looking at her, Peter then stood up walking over to where I was. I looked at Drake then bit my lip to kept from crying.

I might of not known him for more then a year or loved him as much as Nicole did but I consider him as my older brother alright. Now he's gone, though that was so unlike him. He would fight for his life, but this time he just let death come to him.

Something wasn't right about it that. Drake wouldn't of let death come to him that easily, he had to of had something planned. I signed again shaking my head, I then glanced over as Peter gently picked up Nicole one arm under her knees, and another under her head.

"What are you doing?" I asked and he looked at me.

"Comforting her." He said and I shook my head.

"Just keep her by Drake, she'll want to be next to him." I told him and he looked over at Drake.

"Wouldn't she just cry more, if she wakes up?" He asked and I exhaled a breath.

"Whatever, I don't care." I mumbled and he sat down against the wall holding Nicole close to him. I turned my head back to Drake's lifeless body. I just couldn't believe it,

Drake White is actually dead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How's the chapter?       Sad, isn't it.

Comment.Vote.Fan.