33

It's close to midnight now, and a group of three ponies are at the entrance of a dragon cave.

"Anything you can do, I can do better!"

"I can do anything better than you!"

"If you two don't shut up, I swear, I'll push you both off this mountain," groans Rarity.

"I can escape Rarity!" says Rainbow Dash, flapping her wings.

"I've got smoke bombs and I'm witty!" exclaims Trixie with a flourish of her cape.

"I've got a gun here see?" attempts Rarity, but the two just continue on to the next chorus. Rarity smashes the gun over a rock and makes a noise which is half-groan, half-sigh.

Behind a rock, a small purple and green dragon is floating about 28 and a half centimetres off the ground, though he's constantly bobbing up and down, so it's difficult to tell.

Suddenly he's pulled back and out of sight.

"Spike! Snap out of it!" hisses Sweetie Belle. The other fillies are eating sandwiches.

"Huh? Wha? What happened?" the dragon looks around, "Why are we on top of a mountain?"

He glares at Sweetie Belle accusingly. She... facehoofs? Is that how it works? Why does no one tell the Narrator this stuff?!

Sweetie Belle attempts to explain to Spike what's happening.

However, what I don't get is why they're hiding behind a rock when they're meant to be asking Rainbow Dash about Fluttertree.

They're making plot holes in the story. I don't want plot holes in the story. Plot holes are annoying.

Meanwhile, Rarity is attempting to get the singing duo to stop singing and enter the cave.

Eventually it works.

Wait. A. Second.

Is a second party of ponies hiding behind a rock?

Oh yes.

The Cookie Guides.

WHY IS EVERYONE HIDING BEHIND ROCKS FOR NO REASON AND MAKING PLOT HOLES IN THE STORY?!!!

"Sssh!" Discord hisses, "Don't let Twilight see us! She might tell Sunbutt!"

Oh. They have a reason then. Okay-

...

WHY ARE TWILIGHT AND AJ HIDING BEHIND A ROCK?!!

...

Why are two strange cloaked figures hiding behind a rock?

...

WHY IS EVERYONE HIDING BEHIND ROCKS FOR NO APPARENT REASON?!!!

... I'm gonna need a minute...