26

The five fillies meet back at the treehouse with rucksacks full of supplies so they can scale the mountain. I hope they won't slow things down by having a picnic on the way up: they seem to have enough stuff to go camping.

However, one of them seems more nervous than the rest.

"Where's Silver Spoon? I can't find her!" wails Diamond Tiara.

"Right here," replies Silver Spoon, and the group begins to walk off.

"Not you, imposter! Sweetie Belle, have you seen Silver Spoon, she's not in the cubby house where I left her, and she told me she'd stay there!"

Sweetie Belle's ears go straight up in the air, then her whole body droops with an enunciated sigh.

"Come on, somepony must have seen Silver Spoon!"

"Maybe she went home, to the cutlery drawer," sneered Silver Spoon.

"STOP MAKING FUN OF MY FRIEND!"

"But your friend's a spoon, it's just such an easy target!"

"SHE'S A SHE, NOT AN IT!"

"Diamond! Silver Spoon! Be quiet! NO DIAMOND, I don't care if she's an imposter or not. Scootaloo, we'll get to Rainbow Dash in a minute, so get back here! Apple Bloom, you can't get a cutie mark in not blinking, so stop, your eyes are literally bright red right now. Silver Spoon, you're only even here because you saw the whole thing so shut up. Diamond... maybe... maybe Silver Spoon- the imposter- is right, and Silver Spoon- the spoo-I mean, the real one- went home. Maybe she has a curfew?"

"No! I have to find Silver Spoon, if she'slostwhat'dhappentoherwhatifshe'shurtorsomethingihavetofindher-"

"DIAMOND TIARA!" yells the Silver Spoon imposter, "You and... 'Silver Spoon' don't have to be together every second of the day. You either go off and try to find her, or... you come with us, and find out WHY FLUTTERSHY IS TREE!"

The other three fillies look at each other and nod.

"She'll be fine, Diamond. She'll probably be here waiting for you when we get back," says Sweetie Belle.

Diamond nods and the quest begins. Finally.

"To the mountain we will go, to the mountain we will go,

Hi ho and off we go, to the mountain we will go!"