9

Imagine a treehouse. It's got a set of stairs leading up to it. It's at the edge of an apple orchard.

Now stop imagining it, because we're there.

Inside the treehouse, there are two fillies. One is an earth pony, and the other is a unicorn. We've only met the unicorn before, Sweetie Belle. (Rarity's younger sister).

The other is a filly named Diamond Tiara. She is pink with a white and purple mane. She is wearing what looks like a diamond tiara, and since her parents are both rich, what probably is a diamond tiara.

"... and now she's going to put another level on top of the boutique! Can you believe that?"

Diamond Tiara shook her head, "I thought you had just put another level on."

"Apparently, that's just an attic."

"Wow."

"I swear, all Equestria is going completely insane! We're going to have to stick together, Diamond. We're basically the only sane anything left! Well... apart from, you know. That."

"What, Silver Spoon?" asked Diamond Tiara, saying the words with capitals, like a name, when she was clearly holding a silver spoon, with no capitals because it was a spoon.

"It's a spoon, Diamond Tiara. You're holding a spoon."

"Hey! You're hurting her feelings!"

Sweetie Belle sighed. "Well, anyway, we've all changed somehow (even if some of us have apparently changed into spoons)"

"You've changed."

"I have?"

"Yes. You were always with Apple Bloom and Scootaloo before. Now you're generally avoiding them. Also, you're always reading those law books."

"... Yeah, I guess we've all changed."

The two sat in silence for a minute, before a yell came through the window.

"Hey, Sweetie Belle, is Diamond Drama there?"

"No, no, absolutely-"

Diamond Tiara was already at the window, seething at another earth pony filly, grey with a grey and white mane, wearing glasses.

"Get away, Silver Spoon imposter!"

"How's the fantasy family, Drama? Your mum's a chair, right?"

"Get away! You can't break apart our friendship!" Diamond cried, hugging the spoon.

Silver Spoon (the grey filly) laughed at her former friend.

"See ya, Diamond Drama."

Diamond stomped away from the window, fuming.

"Not fair for you, Silver Spoon, everyone's always making fun of us, acting like only one of us is here."

"Er... calm down Diamond. It's okay. She... she didn't mean it?"

The pink earth pony curled up with her spoon.

Sweetie Belle sighed.