Chapter 9: Too much information

I had wiped my eyes dry while Scarlet went to make herself tea. After the tears had started to roll down my cheeks she didn't say anything until the anger in me had went. She offered to make me tea as well but I declined and told her I was just going to go to my room. She ordered me to sit on the couch until she came back or else.

Granted I didn't fear her but I still did as she said. When she came back she sat on the chair across from me and we both stared at the fire that Alex had lit.

"You seem pretty ok with the fact that vampires and werewolves are real." I mumbled.

She blew on her tea. "I'm not. It scares the crap out of me. To think that you are actually real makes me wonder if everything else is real too. Like are there such things as witches, ghosts, demons?" She took a sip of her tea.

"Demons are real. I'm not sure if witches and ghosts are or if anything else is real too."

She raised an eye brow at me.

"I've only ever met werewolves and demons. I've never heard talk about others apart from humans." I brought my legs up to my chest and rested my head on my knees. "You don't have to be afraid of us. I promised I would keep you safe for as long as I needed to." I smiled reassuringly at her.

"It's hard not to be afraid. It makes me wonder how many vampires or wolves I have actually met. Some of the tales about vampires don't seem to be true, the same for wolves. I will warn you now, if you try to bite me I will put a bullet between your eyes." She smirked.

I smiled at her. "You will never have to worry about that."

"Why?" She looked slightly insulted.

I smirked. "I can't drink from humans. I only drink bagged but if I have to I will try to drink animals." Sighing I stood up. "It's getting late."

She frowned at me. "Why did you decide to become a killer?"

"I didn't. Well not really." I looked at the floor then walked away from her.

That was a topic I didn't want to talk to many people about. I didn't even fully tell Alex why so I wasn't about to tell her.

I couldn't remember falling asleep but when I had opened my eyes I saw the sun shinning into my room. After talking to Scarlet for a little while longer I had then made my way to my room so that I could get a drink before bed.

When I opened my door I was greeted by Scarlet dressed and looking like she was ready to go somewhere. I on the other had was still in the clothes I wore the day before and only ready to get a shower. Walking past her I went straight into the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

"Let's go do something." She opened the door.

I glared at her. "Do you mind." I snapped.

"Come on, I want to go get things from my house. Either you take me there or I will go on my own." She folded her arms and met my glare.

"Don't be stupid. People are probably watching your house or I dunno the police probably have it marked off."

"Fine! I'll go by myself." She turned her back to me and walked away in a huff.

Letting out an angered breath. "Fine! We will go but I swear to god if anyone is around I will drag you back here!"

"Thank you." I heard her chime as she bounced down the stairs.

I slammed the bathroom door close. She was a 25 year old grown women and here she was acting stupid and like a child. She had to know how bad it would be for her to go anywhere close to the town again. What could be so important that she would have to go back home and not only her life but mine!? Thankfully she wouldn't be risking Alexs because no one had seen him with her. I assumed that Joshua wouldn't care much for Alex as he didn't look like a threat to him. Wolves easily passed off as humans so he had no problem.