S5. Christmas

~ Let's build a Snowman ~

Kimiko POV
(In Serizawa household)

After finishing my homework and the extra assignments that my father gave me, I slouch down on my desk and sigh.

It's already winter break and I have no idea what to do right now.

I know Natsu-nee is celebrating Kageyama's birthday today meanwhile Amu and Shiro are out on dates with their boyfriends. On the other hand, Ken has the week off. I don't what he's doing but he's probably having more fun than me.

I glance over the window and see children playing outside in the snow.

It looks like fun out there... I really want to go play in the snow too.

It's ironic though. In the past, I would have never of thought of going outside to play in the snow with my friends. My mom would always be against me associating with those that she claimed were lower class. Yet after everything that happened this year, I just want to experience an unforgettable Christmas that isn't just about the presents but the memories made.

And when I think of who I want to spend my Christmas with the first person I think of is Shoyo. It may sound embarrassing but I want to be with him today. Even if I'm his girlfriend, I feel like I'm asking him last minute. I'm ashamed of myself.

Yet even before the two of us started dating, Shoyo always told me that he and his family will always welcome me every time I come over, especially Natsu.

After debating in my head of what to do, I decide to dial Shoyo's number.

Would Shoyo pick up his phone? I don't want to ruin his time with family by inviting myself over.

"Hello Kimiko?" The moment I hear Shoyo's voice, my mind jumbles around figuring out what to say.

"S-Shoyo sorry for interrupting your time with your family if you're with them but is it okay if I can come over today?" I nervously ask as I stutter over the phone.

"Is that Kimiko?" I overhear a voice in the background. "Shoyo! Give me your cellphone! I want to talk to Kimiko!"

"W-Wait Natsu--!" Shoyo cries out.

I didn't have to be there to know that they were both wrestling for his cellphone to talk to me.

I giggle. They're so cute.

"Kimiko come over please! I want to play with you!" Natsu happily invites me and just from hearing her words I'm filled with joy.

"O-Of course!" I answer as I try to keep my excitement in.

"We can't wait to see you, especially Shoyo," Natsu giggles.

"Natsu!" I hear Shoyo cry out of embarrassment and I laugh.

"I can't wait to see the two of you too," I tell them and hang up on the phone.

So today I'm going to hangout with Natsu and Shoyo huh?

I try to stop the huge smile forming on my face. I quickly change into my cutest winter outfit and rush out of my room.

"Kimiko where are you going?" My mom asks me as she sees me ready to head out.

I freeze. Of course, mom would say something when she sees me suddenly rushing out of my room. I take in a deep breath then exhale out. "I finished doing all my assignments and I am going out now with some friends." I answer without a single moment of hesitation.

My mom looks at me. "I see." She says then doesn't say a single word.

I pass her and leave the house. If I stay in the household any longer, she would probably stop me from going and force me to stay in the house. It's not like she wants me to stay with her to enjoy the Christmas season though. To her, Christmas is anytime since she buys whatever she wants online. It's more like she just doesn't want me to do anything that can ruin her image.