32. Set up

Kimiko POV
(Saturday Morning)

The moment I arrive at Shoyo's house in the morning, I take out my cellphone to check the outfit I'm wearing and fix my hair before seeing him. Today I went with a cute pink button-up shirt and capris with one strand of my hair braided to the side to fit the causal, cute weekend vibes.

I know he asked to meet up only to study, but I wanted to look my best because I'm his girlfriend now.

I clap my cheeks to keep my excitement down. A study date with just the two of us. My heart races just thinking about it.

Knock Knock

After knocking on the door, Natsu happily opens the door and greets me with a big hug. "Kimiko! You're so pretty today!"

"Awww thanks! How are you Natsu?" I ask.

"I'm good!" Natsu grins as she takes my hand and pulls me along with her. "Shoyo is getting ready still but come inside!" She says, and I follow her as she excitedly takes me into the living room. "Take a seat here, I'm gonna bring you my favorite snacks!"

I take a seat down and watch her go to the kitchen. I smile. It's been a while since I've been in this house. It feels a little foreign now but I still remember all the memories I made here.

Their mom comes out from the kitchen and the moment I make eye contact with her, I stand and bow my head down. "Thank you for always taking care of me," I tell her in gratitude for everything she's done for me then shyly lift my head. "A-And I believe you already know this but I'm currently dating Shoyo. I promise I'll take care of your son. Please accept me as his girlfriend."

"Pfft," their mom holds in a laugh.

"D-Did I sound too eager?" I nervously ask and she shakes her head.

"No, no. It's just your wording sounds like you're proposing to my son," she tells me and my face flushes bright red.

"It does!? I didn't mean it like that," I reassure and she shakes her head.

"It's fine. When I heard from Natsu that you became Shoyo's girlfriend, I was ecstatic. I was always worried that Shoyo wouldn't be able to find someone or worried that he would end up dating a girl that would take advantage of him because of his kind heart but..." she softly smiles. "Now that I know you're his girlfriend, I don't have to be concerned about those things anymore." 

My eyes widen hearing her words. "Thank you for thinking so highly of me. You're so kind."

Their mom is so caring and loving to her children meanwhile my mom wouldn't give me the time of day.

"You are as well Kimiko, my son and daughter adore you and I see you as my own daughter," she puts her hand on my cheek. "If you ever need anything, I'm here for you."

My eyes dilate. I almost wanted to cry but I use everything in my power to hold in my tears. "Thank you. I don't come from a good family environment as you do so when I hear words like that. It really means a lot."

"Kimiko! What are your favorite snacks?" Natsu comes out from the kitchen with a bunch of snacks and I quickly compose myself. "We have pocky, chips, and cookies!"

Seeing how excited Natsu was about giving me a snack, I decided to grab a chocolate chip cookie. "Thanks, Natsu."

Natsu glances over at her mom and I. "What were the two of you talking about?"

"It's a secret," her mom winks.

"Awwwww!" Natsu whines.

"Kimiko, are you down there?" I hear Shoyo's voice from the hallway.